Chapter 40- Finale

"I do apologize for the sudden entrance but I seemed to have discovered a spy in our midst." Hux scowled as he walked past the man trying to get up on all fours. "He was outside the doors, listening and attempting to report back his findings."

You turn off your saber, hooking it back onto your belt. "Was he successful?"

Hux turns his head towards you, taking notice of your presence in the room. His eyes linger longer than they should've as he looked you up and down. Your eyebrows furrow at his staring and you could feel Kylo's anger building up inside him as he notices the ginger's actions.

He clears his throat, clasping his hands in front of him. "I managed to stop him before he could finish divulging anything important."

You sigh and fix your gaze to the officer getting up off the floor and immediately recognize him. He turns his body around and attempts to run out the doors but with a glide of an arm, you shut them, making him jump back.

He gets pulled backwards, his heels dragging on the sleek floor as he makes his way past Hux, then you and Kylo and towards Snoke's open hand in front of him.

"Ahh Hux, proving your worth once again." He grips the back of the officers neck, making him wince. "(Y/n), be a dear and see if he holds the location of their home base."

"My pleasure." You said, raising your hand up.

"No.. no please." He whimpered.

"Tell us the coordinantes of the planet and I won't have to torture you."

"I swear I don't know!" He pleaded.

Your eyes narrow at his refusal to comply. "We'll see."

"No-" he gets cut off as you enter his mind, making him shout in pain instead.

Hux smirks as he becomes more fascinated by you.. cold and harsh but with beauty that could pierce your heart.

Minutes pass by as you comb through his thoughts and memories but no information on what you were looking for.

"Nothing!" You snarled.

"What a shame.." Snoke hissed. "Well, no sense in having a worthless prisoner taking up space is there?"

He throws him on the floor in front of you and Kylo. You unclip your lightsaber, igniting it.

"Please.." The officer tiredly breathed. "I don't want to die.."

The sudden sound of Kylo's lightsaber turning on and immediately impaling the man on the floor causes you to twitch in surprise at his abruptness.

"Damn rebel." He scowled.

"Steal my spotlight, why don't you?" You smirked.

Kylo smiles, letting out an exhale of amusement. "Next one is yours, I promise."

"And now that, that problem is exterminated." Snoke interrupted. "Allow me to introduce you to Armitage Hux. He will be working closely with the both of you on Starkiller Base."

Hux steps beside you, bowing his head before he holds his hand out for you to take. You force a smile on your face as you reluctantly shake his hand.

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)."

"Oh trust me, I know who you are." His eyes were boring into you. "And must I say, your reputation truly precedes you, Commander."

"Kylo Ren." Kylo stated as he inched his shoulder closer to yours.

Hux lets your hand go, glancing over to the large built man next to you. His genuine smile disappears as a forced one replaces it.

"Yes..I've heard much about you as well." He said, dryly.

A moment of intense silence fills the room and the glaring competition between the two ends as Snoke begins to talk again.

"Sadly, Phasma is away on a mission but you will meet her on Starkiller Base when she returns. She's another trusted ally of mine."

"Wow.. finally another female among your close circle." You huffed. "Good. There was too much testosterone going around here."

Kylo bites his inner cheek, attempting not to laugh or smile at your comment. Only you would ever have the courage to be sarcastic around Snoke.

"Just be sure to play nicely, little one." Snoke warned. "I don't want more troubles coming from you."

"As you wish." You said.

"Hux, once Phasma returns you will work with her to pick out and train the best and only the best to become the Knights of Ren for Kylo."

"Knights of Ren?" Kylo questioned.

"Yes, your own personal bodyguards- insurance for your well being." Snoke said. "Is there a problem?"

Kylo only shakes his head.

"And for (y/n).. you will choose the best for her as well to become a new class of stormtroopers- stronger, stealthier, deadlier." He pauses for a second as he tries to come up with a fitting name. "They will become her very own deathtroopers."

Hux simply nods. "Yes supreme leader."

"I have my squadron." You interrupted. "They have not let me down in past missions and I assure you that they can prove to be better than they have already demonstrated with the help of my training alongside Phasma's."

Snoke rolls his eyes, waving a hand. "Very well, girl.. it's your life on the line. You and Kylo are allowed to retire to your quarters and pack for your departure to Starkiller Base tomorrow."

"Thank you Supreme Leader."

You quickly bow your head before grabbing Kylo's hand, turning around and practically dragging him behind you as you bolt out the door in excitement.

Kylo stops in his steps once you lead him around the corner of a different hallway. He pulls on your hand that was still clasped around his, causing you to stumble back and into his chest, his arms encircling you as soon as he had you close enough.

"Let me just take a moment." He said as he moved his hand to cradle your head, breathing you in, feeling your warmth.

You lift your head to look up at him. "It's okay, Kylo. We're still here.. together and now with future distance from Snoke."

"I'm sure he's still going to want to meet me on occasions to continue my training."

You cup his cheek. "Yes and you will go, learn every piece of knowledge he's going to offer you, absorb it and grow stronger."

He nods his head. "I promise I will."

"And I will find ways to continue to grow stronger as well." You declared. "So that in time, Snoke will be no match for us and neither will the being who is going to dare challenge us."

Snoke shuts the doors with a wave of his hand as soon as you and Kylo exited and left him and Hux alone in the throne room.

"You didn't tell them everything did you?" Hux asked. "They seemed too joyous."

"They know what they needed to know at the moment." Snoke said. "When the time is right, they will find out the rest."

"You're so sure that she will rise from it all instead of dwelling in self-pity?"

"Some can get lost in the fire but (y/n)- she's been proving throughout her life that she is built from it." Snoke proudly stated. "Heed my works, Hux, she will bring about a new era in the galaxy and Ren will help her to do so."