3005

Indigo's POV

No matter what you say or what you do

when I'm alone, I'd rather be with you

fuck these other niggas

I'll be right by your side

til 3005

hold up

I started going in on 3005 as I drove across down to meet Devin's ass.

I use to care what people thought

But now I care more

Man nobody out here's got it figured out

So therefore, I've lost all hope of a happy ending

Depending on whether or not it's worth it

I swear I love this song. Just as the song was ending I pulled up the restaurant and made my way inside. I saw Devin sitting at a table and decided to be funny. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. He picked up on 3.

"So there's this bad female right? I mean, hair long, body fit, booty out, like gotdamn!" I started laughing because this crazy fool started looking around the restaurant.

I walked towards the table and he was still looking.

"Where yo overly mixed ass at? I've been waiting forever and I need to vent, ASAP!"

I sat down at the table and clicked the end button

"right here controlling ass. The Queen has arrived"

"Psh, who you think you playing? I don't know what universe you've been living in, but this is Devin's world and you honey, need to get with the program before I slap a hoe"

I started pulling my hair up into a messy bun

"Hold up! That's a fighting hairstyle!"

I began laughing "I'ma beat yo ass if you bump yo gums like that again"

We laughed it off as Devin got up to hug from across the table

"I miss my Indi Baby! Those New Orleans people don't compare to my boo"

I pulled flipped my hair over my shoulder and gave him my best smile

"Well you know what they say!"

He looked dead in my eyes

"Nah, I really dont"

"You cold Devin"

He giggled his ass and opened up the drink menu. He started flipping through the pages. Me and Devin have been the best of friends since Nyla turned 1. We meet just as I had turned 14. We've literally been through hell and back with each other, and me still not knowing where my little brother AJ was at, I considered Devin to be a sibling. I swear I love him.

"So whatcha need to vent about boo?"

He dramatically signed and looked up at me

"I found out that Kenneth has a wife. And 3 kids by that girl. I confronted his low down, dirty ass and that nigga had the nerve to get mad because I said I was leaving his ass. He tried to put his hands on me, but you know me Indi Baby, I may be a girl but I fight like a nigga" and with that he flipped his 24' weave."

I sat there and instantly got heated

"Dev, are you serious? Have you got your stuff from his house yet? You know I'm more then willing to go over there and if his ass just so happens to pop up, I'll beat his ass like the little bitch he is"

I don't play when it comes to those I love. Lala and Devin are the only people I have in my life.

He shook his head "he's not even worth it. I don't even wanna see him. I was with that bitch for almost 4 years and he does me like that? If I see him I'll be charged for first degree murder."

I watched him to make sure he was really okay and it didn't seem like it. Usually Dev was cheerful and always smiling. Now he looked lifeless. This is why most of the time I'm happy I never gave my heart up. I have trust issues on 1000, my father made sure of that.

I pulled my chair around to his side of the table and let him lay him head on my shoulder while I flagged a waiter down. This calls for some liquid courage in the worst way.

"Yes ma'am what could I get for you?"

I looked down and saw tears leaking from Dev's eyes

"Just keep shots off vodka coming, thank you sir"

I rubbed Dev's back and comforted my best friend. If I ever see this nigga on the streets, he will see who the hell he just fucked with.

| LATER |

When I finally got Dev home and sobered up, it was time to get my daughter from school. I picked her up and went through our daily routine of how was your day, what did you learn, what do you want for dinner, and so on. When Lala finally was able to go to sleep, I cleaned up the kitchen and went to take a shower.

As I let the water beat down on my body, I did what most people do in the shower, reflect on life and shit.

I remember growing up and not knowing a thing about love. I knew how to give it, to people like my brother and my unborn child. I knew that I needed to respect myself always and strive to make a better future for those two.

To say I didn't miss my brother, would be an understatement. I miss AJ more then I miss anything. My uncle, who died when I was 20, sent him away after too many failed attempts at suicide. I hate that my baby brother had to go through that. I wanted to take the weight off of his shoulders and make him believe it wasn't his fault. None of it was, but he needed to be taken out of the situation completetly. He needed someone to show him a different way to live and to finally let go. That's what my aunt was for. Supposably she still has him.

I just wish I knew where to find him.