Secrets

Messiah's POV

It was almost time to board the plane and Anahi  was holding onto Kamryn for dear life. I smiled at the two and watched as Kam tried her best to braid her aunts hair.

This is what I ultimately wanted for my family. Happiness and as much peace as this world and God would allow us.

I looked down at my phone and read the text message I sent Indigo

Indi Baby ♡♡ : Look ma, I'm sorry if I came on to strong. I didn't even mean it like that. You're a beautiful woman and I just wanna get to know you. Once again I'm sorry and know if you ever need anything, anything at all, I'ma phone call away.

I know she read the message.

Thank God for imessage.

I'm not offended about her not replying. Anahi schooled me about Indi.

| EARLIER THAT DAY|

"So wassup with ya girl? Why she got that thick ass wall up?"

She sighed "I'ma only tell you this because I see the way you look at her. This is her business so don't take this shit lightly. You ready?"

Why sis over here acting like Indigo the devil herself? Tf. I swear females are weird.

"Yeah I'm ready, continue."

"Indigo's 22. Nyla, her daughter, is 10. Indigo got pregnant when she was 12 by her father. Her father use to rape her, beat her and her mother, and abuse her little brother. He was addicted to every type of drug known to man."

I leaned back against my chair and let the anger take over. I knew what this shit felt like.

"One night, her father was beating her mother and her little brother got pissed off and decided to take on a plan of action. Some shit went down and Indigo's father ended up beating Indi to the point where she had some broken ribs, a broken nose, and bruises covering every inch of her body. Her brother saw it, panic, and started shooting."

I leaned forward and placed my arms over the table and listened to baby girl's story

"Aj, her little brother missed and ended up shooting and killing their mother. Months went by and she gave birth and Nyla was deaf...Aj tried to commit suicide too many times, so their uncle sent him to go live with their aunt. Indigo still has no idea where her brother is. So since then she's tried her best at just trying to provide for her daughter. She graduated high school and went on to become a RN."

Anahi wiped away the tears that were falling and hugged herself.

"Indigo is a strong woman. She's been through more then most can handle. She's tried to not let  what happen effect who she is. She has extremely bad trust issues though.  Especially since her last boyfriend, three years ago, started beating on her. She left the first chance she got and has been focused on Nyla ever since."

"Messiah, if you're just wanting to fuck her and bounce, you got another thing coming. You're my blood, but Indigo doesn't deserve that bullshit. I gotta stand up for my fellow women. Do it, and I promise you I'll have your ass beheaded."

I nodded and just let it all sink in.

I could tell Indigo was guarded. Any nigga with eyes could see that shit. But I didn't think baby girl had it that bad. All that built up pain..I know what that's like.

And my dumb ass has just been tryna get in them jeans for the past two days.

I rubbed my hands down my face and looked at Kamryn, playing with no worries.

To say I wasn't feeling baby girl's pain, is the lie of a lifetime. I would never hurt my daughter in any way possible nor would I put my hands on a female. That goes against my own rules as a man. But her father crossed too many lines for my taste and I swear to God if I ever see him or that bitch made ex of hers, I'ma rip they bodies apart and that's on my daughter.

But for now, I gotta get right with baby girl.

So I did what I knew wouldn't scare her anymore then I already have, I texted her and tried my hardest to come off sincere and friendly.

|PRESENT TIME|

I sent that text right after Anahi informed me about Indigo.

All day I've been getting business calls, texts, demands..but honestly my mind is really on Indigo.

I feel like she needs someone...Would it be crazy if I said I wanted to be that someone?

Shit, you tell me.