Part 4: Chapter 10

FAMILY MATTERS: Part 1

The Meyers Family: 

Aries- 37

 Eloise - 36

Makayla  - 11

Michael  - 7

Elias - 1

JULY 2035 

JULY 2035 

"Are you sure you want to do this love?" Aries asked as he and Eloise got dressed one sunny Saturday morning.

"You are being incredibly dramatic, Aries," Eloise replied, rolling her eyes. "It's a beautiful day, and I'm taking the kids to the park with your sister."

"But Athena is so moody and mean these days!"

"Aries! Give her a break; She's pregnant with twins!"

"Okay fine. But she has a million and two children," he protested, following her down the hallway to the nursery. "And Michael is scared of Emmy."

Eloise scoffed. "He's only scared of her because she doesn't let him and Eros get away with things. She's perfectly innocent."

"You know I'm just joking. But you have to admit that Emmy can be a bit intimidating. She's a combination of Athena and Cissa Jo," Aries laughed. "She drives Athena nuts."

Eloise just shook her head and lifted Elias from his crib, kissing his chubby little cheeks in an attempt to gently rouse him from his slumber. "Are you still meeting up with Ravi and Teddy for lunch?"

"Yeah, I guess. Dad wanted me to come over later and help him plan mum's retirement party."

"I can't believe she's retiring," Eloise mused.

"Neither can any of us. It seems like just yesterday she was elected for the first time. Athena thinks she's going to try to go back to working at Malfoy International. Or write a memoir. There's no way she's going to be able to sit still."

"That makes sense. She's still rather young to be retiring--"

"Mummy! Makayla won't fix my breakfast! Tell her she has to fix my breakfast!"

Aries and Eloise turned to the door where their older son, Michael, was pouting. 

Makayla came rushing in a moment later. "Mum! Will you tell him I am not his servant!" The two siblings started shouting at each other as their parents stared on in alarm.