Part 4: Chapter 11

FAMILY MATTERS: Part 2

The Meyers Family:

Aries- 37

Eloise - 36

Makayla - 11

Michael - 7

Elias - 1

"How do you always talk me into these crazy things?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Aries. Can you please hurry up?" Eloise chastised her husband as she checked her watch and quickened her pace. "We're going to be late."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" he said bitterly. "First, you convince me that we need to take Makayla to see Melissa's mother and now we're actually going to talk to Melissa about her meeting Makayla?! You must realize that this is absurd!"

"It is not absurd," she replied calmly. "Melissa's mother did nothing wrong and she was dying. We did the right thing letting her have a relationship with Makayla. And as far as Melissa goes, neither of us have to like her. Quite frankly I think she's a horrid, wretched, evil bitch. But as much as I hate to admit it, without her, we wouldn't have Makayla."

Aries sighed. "I guess you're right."

Eloise scoffed. "I'm always right." They approached the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron. "Are you ready?"

"No."

"Alright, let's go." She pushed open the door and walked inside. She spotted Melissa and narrowed her eyes as she headed toward the table where the wretched witch was sitting.

Melissa stood up as they approached. "Aries! It's been so long!" She reached forward to give him a hug with a bright smile on her face. Eloise felt like she was going to vomit.

Aries didn't bother pretending to mask his distaste for Melissa and placed his palm on her forehead to prevent her from getting near him. "Not a chance in hell," he said, giving her a slight shove.

It took all of Eloise's willpower not to burst out laughing. She cleared her throat. "Shall we?" she said, gesturing to the table.

Melissa nodded and sat back down, visibly embarrassed by Aries reaction to her. She watched on in thinly veiled envy as Aries pulled out a chair for Eloise before taking a seat himself.

Eloise appraised the witch in front of her. The years had done Melissa well. She no longer looked worn down and tired and she was dressed in very fine robes.

"So what do you want?" Aries asked curtly. 

"I want to meet the little girl."

"Do you even know her name?" 

"Of course I know her name!" Melissa exclaimed. "I'm her mother. I may not have been around but I'm not stupid. Her name is Makayla."

"Why do you want to meet her now?" he asked, trying to mask his surprise that she knew Makayla's name.

"Empty-headed Eloise over there didn't tell you?" Melissa said with a sneer.