13. The Parkers

June's POV

-

The car ride to my house consisted of Adrienne relentlessly flirting and teasing me at the same time. It resulted in my cheeks becoming permanently stained red from embarrassment and annoyance every time she opened her mouth.

And yet, every time she opened her mouth to say something, I felt my eyes drawn to her soft, pink lips and the curvature of her smirk that she wore every waking moment she was around me. It made my heart flutter in ways I never knew was possible, and it also made it crash and burn when I realized that I could possibly have feelings for Adrienne Andrews.

I mean, out of all people, why her?

I didn't even know I liked girls that way, much less Adrienne!

I mean I did find Riley attractive...before I found out she was a conniving little slut. She had a girlfriend, and she was begging Adrienne to stay with her over me? No, she was plotting something.

I sighed, turning the engine to my car off as we both got out of the car. I felt myself suddenly getting nervous at the fact that Adrienne was at my house, and she even chose me over her stupid best friend of hers.

I clenched my teeth together, thinking back to that stupid blonde friend of hers that was obviously wanting to keep Adrienne to herself. I knew something weird was going on between the two, and I was tempted to find things out.

I looked at my house and frowned, realizing that my parents similar Audi's were in the driveway.

I groaned knowing that my parents were going to make a huge deal out of seeing a new face, plus if they were home, that meant my little brother was also home. That meant his little pubescent self-was going to go crazy over Adrienne. I looked back at her, seeing that she was actually kind enough to grab my duffel bag out from my back seat as she shouldered it onto her arm. I gulped, staring at her lean, arm muscles protruding from the slight movement, and how her workout shirt from practice rode up a little from the contact, resulting in a hint of tanned skin peeking out from the fabric. I looked up at her face to see her smirking at me, her grey eyes twinkling in mischief at seeing me check her out.

However, even though she was staring at me, I couldn't help but still take her beauty in. Her dark hair was up in a messy bun from practice, and her high cheekbones made her defined face more prominent. While her lips were still curved in the familiar smirk, they looked kissable and sweet to the touch, but I wasn't going to initiate that again, especially knowing that she was potentially using me.

But in the parking lot, she even admitted that she had fun with me. I didn't know if that meant that she had fun making fun of me, or just that she enjoyed my company, or whatever. It still made my heart flutter a speed higher than usual as I thought about Adrienne.

And it pained me to know that she was having this effect on me. She was supposed to be my worst enemy! We've butted heads since elementary school, and I still definitely didn't like her due to her taking away my spot as captain of the volleyball team.

Yet, like my friends said, I kinda had to let that shit go. I knew I was making a big deal out of it, but I couldn't help it. It was still a sore spot in my heart, and I didn't think I was willing to let that small grudge go.

Despite the fact that I developed a little crush on Adrienne.

"This looks homey," Adrienne started as she walked towards the stairs to my door.

"I mean, not everyone can have a freaking five-story house in a secluded neighborhood," I retorted as she shooed me away, already prancing up to the front door and letting herself in. My eyes widened as I quickened my pace, not believing that she actually entered without waiting for me!