28. Cheers

Adrienne's POV

-

Hell no.

I ground my teeth together in anger and annoyance as I tapped through Riley's "My Story" on Snapchat. I swear I could feel a vein popping out of my forehead as I watched several pictures of June on my best friend's (or ex-best friend's?) social media.

What really made my blood boil was one particular picture where it was obvious that Riley was on top of her. Once I analyzed the pictures even further, I could tell that they were at June's house.

I was currently sitting at my kitchen table, eating a grilled cheese with tomato soup as I contemplated driving over to June's house and bashing Riley's head in with my phone. I sighed out, taking a bite of my sandwich as I also realized that I kinda deserved to feel this way. After listening to all the voicemails June sent me over the course of two weeks, it made me feel even worse for how I treated her.

Plus, what did I expect her to do when I confessed to her? Was I expecting her to get all happy about it and believe me? Now that I know how she feels, and how heartbroken I made her, it was understandable on how she didn't believe me.

But how could I ever get her to associate herself with me ever again? What could I do to help her convince her that I actually...loved her?

I pressed my lips together, knowing for sure in my heart that I was in love with this girl. I just knew that if I were to forever lose June, there would always be a part of me that would feel lost. I would forever hate myself for being such an idiot and pushing her away because I was afraid of being exclusive with her.

But just a month ago, I was obsessed with my best friend, Riley. I thought that she would be the one that I'd try to spend the rest of my life with, but overall, that experience made me realize that I had something special in front of me this whole time. (Except I majorly fucked it up.)

Even all the girls that I hooked up with after June didn't seem okay. Eventually, I found myself hooking up with random blondes in order to fill the gap that June left when I ignored her. It was an extremely fucked up situation, but it did help me realize how much I needed the girl in my life.

I took a sip out of my tomato soup, going over the pictures once again and wondering what they were even doing at June's house. I mean, Riley was my best friend. Even if she admitted to liking June first, would she really stoop that low to sleep with her? I knew she wanted to start a relationship with her, and if that Brooke girl was fake, would June be her first sexual encounter with a girl?

Plus, I was June's first, would she also take that step further and sleep with one of my best friends? Was it true that she really didn't harbor any feelings for me anymore? Did I destroy her that much?

I pushed my food away, suddenly feeling sick to my stomach at the idea of the two closest people in my life actually hooking up to get revenge upon me.

Yet, what if it wasn't for revenge? What if they started to actually get into a relationship and hit it off together?

What if...June fell for Riley instead of me?

I gulped at the idea, feeling extremely uncomfortable at that image as I picked up my plates to bring to the kitchen sink. I decided to clean them up later, leaning against the marble counter and wondering what I was going to do about this whole situation.

Even if I were to win June back, it would no doubt cause the last remains of my friendship with Riley to fall apart. All of those years from childhood - all gone just because of some girl that stole both of our hearts.

And there was no doubt in my mind that Riley actually deserved June. All of those times where I thought she was actually being mean to June, she was actually annoyed with me for stealing the blonde away from her. Now, every time I saw them, Riley has been nothing but nice to June.