11 - 22/12/1968, SUN

He steers his wheelchair towards the large stairs in the main entrance hall, which lead to the living quarters upstairs. "And like every year, the family splits up and disperses," The Professor comments as he joins Lillian in watching many of the students leave for the winter and Christmas holidays, going to their families across the country.

"The corridors remain silent for days... lonely, desolate," He comments and Lillian stares at him flatly.

"Not helping Charles."

"Sorry Lillian, I didn't-"

"I'm joking!" She nudges him lightly and he smiles, "But still... it is sad. Other than it being lonely, it reminds me that I've got no one to go to."

Charles frowns, though his thoughts are diverted when he hears a loud THUD! from Hank shutting the main school doors and locking them.

"Now it's just you, me and Hank," He smiles at her, "We could have all the fun we want."

Lillian raises an eyebrow with confusion, wondering if he is giving her any unearned signals.

"N-No that was put wrong, um... well, I could now help you with your powers," Charles quickly recovers from utter embarrassment, then starts to move closer towards Hank, "Please bring me my other wheelchair, thank you."

"What are you doing?" Lillian follows and asks.

"We're going outside," He smiles widely.

*****

She pushes Charles wheelchair over the untrimmed grass lawn, then forces it onto a brick pavement. "I never got to ask you, how did you become Professor Xavier?" Lillian questions, breathing in the moist greenery surrounding her.

"Well I got a degree in genetics and biophysics from Oxford University. After having a few battles, I came back to my childhood home and made it into a school for mutants, where they can feel a sense of belonging and get the help they need," The Professor explains

"That's really... Nice of you Charles."

"Thanks Lily. I just thought that no mutant should feel as though their powers are a burden, it's a gift they are lucky to have. No matter what their mutation, they are unique and special," He goes on and she smiles at him with awe.

"D-Does it make you sad that you can't use your legs anymore?" She questions with hesitance, Charles frowns.

"Erik Lensherr, he's sort of the reason why I can't walk. I don't... Well if I say I'm not sad, it would be a complete lie but I get to sit all the time," He chuckles and Lillian looks at him with pity, "Even though I do virtually everything on my own, I still have to depend on someone to help me upstairs or to reach things on top of shelves."

Lillian sighs, regretful about asking Charles about his tragic accident. She starts to think of a topic changer but he continues talking.

"I'd give anything to have my legs back, but... I can live without them, I'm doing that right now," He says with a soft smile then raises his hand slightly, gesturing for Lillian to stop pushing the chair.

Charles turns his wheelchair to face the view below from the slope him and Lillian are at. She takes a seat on the grass, hugging her knees and resting her head on the armrest of the wheelchair. Charles takes in a deep breath and shuts his eyes, first enjoying nature but then poking into Lillian's mind.

"I wanted to have a normal life for such a long-time. The lack of sleep, the lack of people around me, the cold winters and the  hot summers... No one would help me," She expresses, "I thought about running away till I couldn't run anymore, till I just drop d-dead but... but I never had the courage to end my life."

"Lillian..."

"Then you came to me that day, you had powers like me and y-you saved me Charles," She says with a glisten in her eyes, "After coming here to this school, I've never thought about running away again."

Charles remains silent for a long stretch of time, Lillian fears that she has become too open with-

"I-I don't know what to say Lily, I'm just doing my job-"

She turns her body yo face him, peering over the arm rest and looking into his eyes, "No you're more than that. You... No one made you do such a great thing and open up doors to a home for mutants, no one told you to go out of your way to save people and you still do it. You're the reason so many people want to continue living Charles and I-I can't thank you enough."

He places his hand over hers and squeezes it lightly, smiling at her with a light in his heart. She makes him feel happy... happier than he has felt in a long time.

"I'm so glad I found you Lily and I'm sure that you'll get your powers in order and you'll do some phenomenal things," He expresses, There's so much more to you than you know"

He's such an Angel, Lillian thinks.

"I'm quite far from it," Charles blurts out without second thought, "I've got a dark side like every one else."

She snatches her hand away quickly, swallowing hard and clenching her jaw. Charles realises that he has made a mistake right now.

"Lillian, look I-"

"Do you do that all the time?" She interrogates while rubbing her arms. Charles looks at her deeply, shaking his head, "P-Please I didn't mean to Lily, I just-"

"You know you can just speak words, you don't have to... look into someone's mind Charles," She warns rather sternly.

"Lillian, please I... I will never-"

She stands up from her seat on the grass all of a sudden and starts walking away. "LILLIAN look, I will NEVER look into your mind again," The Professor reaffirms strongly, making her stop in her tracks.

"P-Promise?"

"Yes I promise."

She sucks in a sharp breath and sighs, "F-Fine... No more exploring my mind Charles."