31 - 02/08/1969, SAT

Silence.

Not another sound than the distant beeping that starts to grow louder gradually. He feels himself awaken from his unconscious.

Blinded by the white light overhead, he squints his eyes and reaches to cover his face-

A metallic rattling follows his failed attempt to shield his eyes. His hands are to his sides, restrained down to the examination table itself.

VROOOOM!

A loud hum lifts the top half of the examination table up, turning the flat surface into a now close-to-seat-like object.

Charles tries to move his head around but the wires with which the electrodes are connected with limit his movement. He resorts to darting his eyes around and trying to figure out what this place is.

He lay completely still, in a pristine white room that is complete bliss for someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Three of the four walls were concrete, painted white so finely that it seemed like panels of light surrounding him. However, on his right side was a translucent glass pan that covered the entire wall and parted the room from what he assumed was a hallway and other rooms on the outside.

The room is filled with machines that continuously scan Charles' body functions with the electrodes on his chest, arms and forehead. He sinks his head into the pillow, feeling his body start to ache. He stares at the ceiling of the room.

But he notices something... The room in fact has no ceiling. It's a room that has been created in a much larger room. If only he could-

BUZZZ!

The room door creaks open after a loud buzz and a man in a white lab coat enters with a wooden clipboard in his hands.

"Ah Professor, you're awake," He states then walks over to the machine monitoring his vitals and takes notes of the numbers on the screen, "How are you feeling?"

Charles glares at him, refraining from giving a response. "Today is going to be an interesting day for you Professor," He comments and Charles rolls his eyes, hoping this individual would stop talking soon. Charles is in no mood for socialisation.

"THEY, with the needles and the knives, poking into our skin and taking out D-DNA for their testing."

Charles freezes, clenching his jaw at the voice that echoes in his head. It sounded so clear as if the speaker was standing right beside him.

"D-Don't let them t-take me, Charles. They'll do everything they can to get their way but please... save me."

He realises immediately that the voice is from Lillian. He swallows hard, feeling his palms start to sweat and his muscles tense. The heart-rate monitor starts to beep faster, the sound coming from a distant perspective.

Lillian! Are you there? Please respo-

Charles yells in his mind but is unsuccessful, only to be gifted with a shock of pain in return throughout his body. It is as if his powers were turned off, and something was stopping him from using them.

Charles becomes aware of the fact that Lillian's voice didn't come from somewhere in this unknown building... and they were actually statements from the past.

A low hum of silence fills Charles' sense of hearing and a wave of fear floods his sanity all of a-

P-P-P-Professor...