30 - 29/07/1969, TUE

He has been drumming his fingers on the arm rest continuously for the past ten minutes, thinking of the next measures to take.

"He hasn't returned and it's been almost forty-eight hours..." He tells himself and then questions, "Am I being too concerned? Maybe he went somewhere..."

His thoughts drift to every possibility where Hank could have gone or done. A club? A library? A one-night stand? At this point everything is a possibility...

Or maybe something worse, Charles thinks and rushes to the phone.

"Hello my name is Charles and I'm occupying room 729," He tells the front desk, maintaining a normality in his voice, "Has my friend returned to the hotel anytime during the last seventy two hours?"

As he grabs a pencil and notepad, stamped with the hotel's logo on each page, the receptionist describes the schedule of the times when the Professor and Hank left or returned to the hotel .

Charles puts the phone down after receiving all the information then stares at the sheet of paper that has scribbles of numbers and words etched onto it:

HANK

26th July:
DAY (early evening) - Left together
NIGHT - Came back together

27th July:
DAY (early afternoon) - Left together
DAY (early evening) - Came back together
NIGHT (evening) - Hank left alone

28th July:
DAY (morning) - I left alone
DAY (afternoon) - I returned alone

29th July:
No activity

He rubs his forehead as his eyes scan over the enscription multiple times, confusion racing through his mind. He had received all the information he need but yet, he was lost and his doubts still uncleared.

Charles shuts his eyes and concentrated. He realizes that using his powers on an occasion like this could actually lead to some conclusion.

His astral version scans every thought of every person he encounters through his mental database mapping an entire populations mind.

He opens his eyes abruptly, realising that he has found a signal. It is not as string as he would hope for but he can sense Hank's presence somewhere in the city... but a strong 'forcefield' pushed him away from gaining any other intel.

*****

He has his gaze, fixated on the vibe... As if he can visualize a line leading him to the 'x' that marks the spot for his goal. He knows that his friend is somewhere close to be found, perhaps somewhere under-

Charles stops and furrows his eyebrows. The word 'under' stuck out to him, as if it were the answer he had been searching for all along.

CLANG!

He jerks in his seat, with sudden fright as a loud sound of metal beating against metal comes from ahead. He squints his eyes, using his palm as a visor against the sunlight.