34.b - 01/11/1969, SAT

Charles' eyes dart to Hank, who charges towards Lillian with his claws ready to attack. "HANK NO!" He exclaims, reaching out to somehow affect Hank's actions.

Charles looks around frantically for some sort of escape. The way they had entered had been shut by an emergency door. He groans in frustration then-

Charles flies back into the wall behind, impacting it with an excruciatingly painful blow. "PROFESSOR!" Hank yells and roars, running towards Lillian, who's hands were stretched out to channel and direct her powers. She swiftly turns to Hank and flicks her wrist, causing him to be thrown feet away and crash onto the floor.

Charles lay completely still, his head spinning while his entire body pulsed in agony. All sound around him muffled out, leaving him in a world of obliviousness. Through the pain and numbness, he isn't unable to defocus from a particular thought: Lillian never had telekinesis.

He picks himself up and immediately feels a lack of control over his body. He leans to his side, his back hurting from the harsh impact. "L-L-Lillian," He calls out, "Th-This isn't you, PLEASE!"

She hastens towards him, "Ennis has made us stronger, we are invulnerable now Professor Xavier." Charles furrows his eyebrows slightly, Lillian rarely calls him Professor Xavier. Clearly, something's taken over her-

Lillian punches Charles' jaw, then his gut with full force. He cries in agony, coughing up blood and trying his best to hold Lillian back. He wants to use his powers or the crowbar that he still grips in his hand but he would never intend on hurting Lillian... no matter what.

"What's the matter, Professor?! You should have let Ennis fix you up," Lillian mocks then stomps her foot onto his chest. Charles coughs violently, losing breath for a moment, but his displays of misery are not enough for Lillian's now-stone-cold heart to stop fighting.

She resumes beating Charles like she was avenging the death of a loved one. She's void of any empathy or compassion, Charles is someone she doesn't recognise anymore. "THIS IS FOR... EVERY TIME you told me what to do PROFESSOR," Lillian yells, her attacks growing stronger in power with every word said.

"L-Lillian please, I-I-I love you-"

Her fist meets his face with the most power she has used in the fight, knocking Charles out cold. Hank grabs her from behind, holding her high from the ground then throwing Lillian away from Charles.

Hank rushes to Charles, holding him from his shoulders and shaking him slightly to wake him up, although it doesn't seem to work. He glances back, seeing that Lillian was almost to her feet. The throw didn't even put a dent in her.

"Professor, wake up COME ON!" Hank exclaims then stands up, ready to face Lillian once again. She storms towards him then stops abruptly, as if she hit a wall. She falls back, holding her head and screaming in pain.

A peculiar sound fills the room... something that puts Hank on edge and seems to be disturbing the unconscious Professor too. But it isn't the same thing that has suddenly made Lillian weak.

Omen, kill them, A voice echoes in Lillian's head.

"NO!" She shouts, "NO I WON'T! I'm not listening to YOU!" 

KILL THEM OR I WILL KILL ALL THREE OF YOU, Ennis yells in her mind via the chip installed on the side of her neck.

Hank watches Lillian from the corner of his eyes, the piercing nuisance of sound causing his head to throb and his vision blurry. He can barely move, the noise has taken over his mental and physical functions. He hasn't experienced anything like it before.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD E-E-ENNIS!" Lillian screams at the top of her lungs, grabbing at her hair and looking up to the ceiling. She wraps her hands around her neck, pressing hard at where the control chip is placed.

Go and kill Professor Xavier and Hank McCoy NOW! He demands sternly and Lillian plants her feet solid on the floor.

"F!@# you," She whispers and-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP... 

The room suddenly reverts back to its eerie red glow. Hank glances around, alert and ready to react to anything unexpected. Lillian starts to freak out, displaying a sense of disorientation and lostness.

"H-Hank..." Charles groans, his eyes open ever-so-slightly, and holds his forehead. Hank sighs with relief then examines the Professor to see if he is in a critical state. Other than the blood dripping out of his nostrils and mouth, he seems to be okay for the time being.

"Mutants..." Ennis' voice erupts through the intercom speakers placed around the room, "You have one final opportunity to turn your fates around. Follow my instructions and all this will surely go away-"

"NEVER!" Charles yells suddenly then cries a little in pain, regretting his hasty decision to express his anger.

"Alright, suit yourselves," Ennis continues, "There is backup arriving... and they are ready for a workout with the three of you. Your demise is inevitable now."

"Ennis you're-"

"Any last words?" Ennis asks and everyone reacts with confusion-

BANG!

Charles and Hank jerk in fright, the gunshot echoed through the room form the speakers. They turn to each other in worry, unable to explain what just happened and why.

THUMP!

Lillian drops to the floor like a lifeless corpse, immediately unconscious. Hank rushes to her side, picking her up gently. "Professor, we have to get out of here," Hank says nervously and Charles begins to get up.

Hank reaches to help him but Charles tells him that he would be able to manage. "But... how Hank?" Charles responds.

A series of alert sirens start to play, in-sync with the doors that blocked the entrances into this large room raising to an open. "Back the way we came?" Hank suggests and Charles clenches his jaw, ready to face another round of people who would most certainly try to stop them from escaping.

He glances to the crowbar on the floor near where he had laid and picks it up. He grips it strongly then starts walking ahead slowly. "Let's get out of here," He says.

The alert sirens transition into a subtle beeping as if one from a countdown timer. Charles could only guess what that would indicate... and none of it was pleasing.

The three of them hasten towards the control room, the destination from their previous pursuit, while an army of security officers prepare themselves to prevent the mutants to roam free at all costs.