29 - 27/07/1969, SUN

The Professor hurries towards an alley between two buildings, his gaze darting around to help out the individual in distress.

"Hank there's-" Charles pauses when he turns at the corner and realises that there is no one in the alley. He takes a deep breath and runs a hand through his hair, shaking his head slowly.

Hank comes to a slow halt from running, looking around for any sign of other people. "There's no one here Prof-" Hank starts but Charles interrupts him.

"Y-Yes clearly..." He says under his breath, "Th-There's something going on with me or this city, I'm sure of it. I swear Hank, I heard... I heard Lily's voice."

Hank frowns and scratches the back of his neck, "Maybe you need to relax a bit and put Lillian out of your mind for some time. She will turn up eventually."

"Yes, either alive or dead," He said forcefully. Professor Xavier started wheeling his chair out of the alley and towards the street where there was a minor traffic jam.

Charles stares at the cars that pass by in front of him, thoughts racing through his mind. "She's here though... but I don't know-"

He looks to his left for Hank but he is no where to be seen. "Hank?" Charles glances around then spots his friend walking down the side walk towards a stand selling crêpes.

As if on demand, the Professor's stomach starts to growl. He is famished; his attention fixated on finding Lillian made him forget about his appetite.

Hank turns towards him and Charles raises a finger to him, telling him to get him something to eat as well.

*****

4 hours later...

Charles places the magazine at the top of the pile of ones he has finished reading, and reaches to grab the next magazine. Much to his disappointment, it was  magazine relating to the stock market. He realizes why he had continued to shove the magazine away and then pick another one.

He lets a loud breath out and scratches his forehead. Flipping through the pages quickly, he places it upon the seven other magazines piled up. He looks around for something else to read but there is nothing else on the coffee table.

The Professor frowns then sinks back into his chair, while thinking of ways to pass the time while he waits for Hank to return with some data. Currently, the Professor is waiting inside an immigration and council office somewhere at the outskirts of Paris. They have both been talking to a variety of people in hopes of landing on a major development relating to Lillian's whereabouts.

Charles heads towards the achievement and awards wall of fame, observing the various acknowledgements received by the authority. He squints his eyes at a plaque that was received for fast service and response.

Charles scoffs lightly and heads back to the waiting lounge slowly. The speed at which they are working right now challenges the attainment of that award.

Deciding to drink a glass of water from the dispenser, he spots Hank walking towards him hurriedly. "Professor, I'm..." Hank starts but Charles sucks in a sharp breath.

"I'm in the mood of some good news Hank. Please enlighten me," He says and Hank bites his lip and rubs his forehead.

"I've reported Lillian as a missing person. They are looking into it as an investigation Professor. I'm sorry, they have no idea where she went," Hank explains and Charles clenched his fists with rage and frustration, "I've given them our hotel address and contact details. They will keep us updated and-"

"Let's go Hank!" He commands sternly and Hank sighs.

"Professor, you got what-"

"I heard you loud and clear Hank, we can't do anything but wait now," He forces out of himself then turns his wheelchair towards the building's main revolving door entrance.

*****

A couple hours later...

"Two please," Hank requests as he points to the grilled turkey sandwich menu item on the board, "And one hot chocolate and one tea, no sugar."

Hank walks to the side and looks around the small café, filled with only a couple of other people: a young woman texting on her phone and an elderly man having coffee and a butter croissant.

The barista calls out Hank's name and hands him his order in a paper bag and cup holder. Hank walks out of the café and down the street towards the hotel where Charles was waiting for some proper food, comparing to the room service the hotel has.

Hank stops all of a sudden, glancing back and rolling his eyes when he realises that he had missed the turn for the block where the hotel is.

He retraced his steps and decides to take a short cut through a deserted and eerie park and an equally eerie alley between two buildings that was only illuminated by the street lights at either end of it. There was a segment in the middle that was pitch black.

He felt no fear at all, there were cars driving and people walking by. The area is decently populated at this time in the evening.

CREAK!

Hank looks back over his shoulder suddenly, his senses heightened and his 'beast' mode threatening to come alive. He stares at the empty alley behind him then takes a breath and continues walking ahead. The smell of the cheese and turkey sandwiches is starting to-

THUMP! SMASH!

Hank stumbles and drops the things in his hands, spilling the drinks all over. Someone had hit him with an empty beer bottle on the bad of the head.

Hank struggles to keep his balance as he turns around to see his attacker. He squints his eyes at the fuzzy figure wearing boots and a leather jacket. Being a male is all Hank can comprehend from his visuals.

Hank growls and leaps towards the attacker, punching him in the jaw then kneeing him in the-

ZIIINNG!

A peculiar high-pitched noise pierces through Hank's ears, causing him to cover them with pain. He collapses onto his knees, barely able to keep his eyes open.

"Wh-Wh-Wha... S-S-STOP!" He exclaims and abruptly, the noise stops.

Hank blinks his eyes a couple of times before looking up and clenching his fist, ready to attack. He pulls his arm back to punch but the attacker dressed in black, with his boot, kicks him in the hea-

THUD!