32 - 15/09/1969, MON

Charles gasps then he breaks into a coughing fit as water drips down his forehead. He feels cold, a chill runs down his spine. He soon realises that he's in a bright, white room, completely unclothed except for boxers.

Charles examines his surroundings as he attempts to sit up straight from laying inside a metallic tub, housed in a plastic casing. His muscles ache intensively, his throat dry of any fluids to aid him in speech. His wet hand grips the edge of the tub as he pulls himself up from the pool of water in which he lays.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...

A series of alarms sound, causing the Professor a deafening fright. He quickly shakes his head then rubs his hair with his hands to quicken the drying process.

"Hey-"

He winces, clearing his throat to avoid himself from croaking anymore, then speaks again, "HEY, is someone there?!"

A moment of lengthened stillness follows, all while the beeping still carries on. Charles glances around and spots a bathrobe at the other end of the room, along with a folded pile of fresh and dry clothes, socks, shoes and a hairbrush.

He waits for a moment then pulls himself up quickly. As if triggered, the moment his foot touches the frigid floor, the alarm stops blaring.

And just like the silence in the room, his mind, with thoughts and questions racing around, comes to a halt.

He just moved his legs.

He feels sick to his stomach. Functioning legs isn't something that he has been accustomed to for a while now... but here he is, moving his lower body as if he had never got shot at the Cuban beach.

Charles smiles widely, with disbelief, as tears form in his eyes. He wiggles his foot a little as he sits at the edge of the tub, supporting his weight by his hands resting on each side. It was a sensation he had not felt for a long time, something he has almost forgotten the feeling of.

Maybe these people are ones to work with, He thinks then all seriousness takes over.

No.

They have taken everything from the Professor, meddled in his affairs and harmed those who are close to him without even taking the slightest consent.

His cheer and optimism slowly diminish as the thought of cruelty and injustice swarms back into his mind.

Charles looks around cautiously then tip-toes, finding it a mammoth of a task to simply go a few feet ahead. After gaining a solid balance, he moves towards the bathrobe, wearing it and tying it around his waist.

He takes a deep breath, trying to remember what he was doing before he awoke within this tub of water.

For the few days, he has been a hostage in this building, he recalls taking a number of tests; answering trivial questions, solving puzzles, relaying information about his biological make-up as well as his own life... against his own will. He was forced to-

Charles furrows his eyebrows at the thought. He wasn't entirely 'forced', he more of had no other choice to escape this secretive laboratory.