40 - 10/03/1974, SUN

Charles moves his wheelchair over to his desk in his study room, snacking on a juicy, red apple that had been placed in a bowl on the kitchen counter. He was starving but he doesn't feel like having the bolognese that Lillian had prepared.

He starts to clean his desk, sorting the scattered papers and placing textbooks and notes back in their designated shelves around the room. He moves on to scavenge through the table drawers for anything that could be put into the trash to declutter his possessions.

Flipping through the items placed in the first drawer, Charles pauses when he feels his hand on top of something flat and dusty.

He reaches to take it out, raising his eyebrows when he finds that it's an old notebook or sorts, smaller than a regular A4 size. Charles opens up the book to the first page, chuckling when he realises that it is his old diary. He hasn't seen it in ages.

He reads the words written in black ink:

Property of Professor Charles Xavier, head of the School for Gifted Youngsters, or known to some as the Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach.

For contact, please check your local phonebook though you can always stop by our facility at:

1407 Graymalkin Lane, Salem Center, located in Westchester County, New York.

'MUTATIS MUTANDIS'

He reaches to pick up a pen from the holder on his desk, frowning when he fails to find a black pen that works. Instead, he picks up a blue ink pen and adds to the writing:

For my Lily,

Everything you could
want to know.
This is a window
into my mind.
Your Charlie x

(1974)

Charles smiles then places the book back inside the drawer, this time keeping it close to the front. He stares at it for a moment then shuts the drawer slowly, continuing on with the task of spring cleaning.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕄𝕌𝕋𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕊 𝕄𝕌𝕋𝔸ℕ𝔻𝕀𝕊 ~ 𝘟-𝘔𝘦𝘯 🎉