SDS2 22: MISSION III: THE GREEDY RUNNER

- Lee Jongsuk's POV -

THE SHOPPING DISTRICT. MY turf, my kingdom, and my source of income. As I scan the area, I saw 2 unaware men walking towards my direction. One was wearing a suit and tie with a coat, while the other one was wearing casual clothes.

      "Kei, Rei." I called my 2 ghouls, "Distract the two men and I'll do the rest." I ordered, and they quickly obliged.

     Kei and Rei went towards the two men and distracted them by offering to look at some products. I scanned the male who was wearing casual clothes and saw that his wallet was at the back of his pants. I took a piece of wood and went towards them. Then I 'accidentally' bumped into him, and with my fast hands, I took the wallet and replaced it with the piece of wood.

     "Gomen'nasai," I said as I bowed down and walked away from him. Kei and Rei followed me after and we immediately went to one of our hideouts.

     "Look at that money," I said as I was staring at the wallet. Then I looked at Kei and Rei. They just looked at me with a sad smile, which ruined my celebratory mood completely.

     "What's wrong?" I asked them.

     "Crocell and Adramelech are dead." Rei suddenly answered.

     "And also Tayo, Adramelech's ghoul," Kei added. I slumped down on the wall and looked at them.

     "What's the plan Jongsuk?" Rei and Kei asked in unison.

     "Let's just be cautious for now. Battling Adramelech will at least wound them badly compared to Crocell. So it will give us a lot of time to plan." I said, and my two ghouls nodded.

      Before we start, let me introduce myself. I'm Astaroth, but in this world, I'm Lee Jongsuk and I am the infamous criminal here in the shopping district that's well-known in Tokyo. If I need to brag, nobody knows who I am because I move like the wind and disappear in the shadows. And if they do happen to know me, well, I'll just have to take another body. Like I always do.

- THIRD PERSON POV - 

"Illusion cast him?" Suho asked, and everyone quickly looked at Jackson - the only demon inside the room who could perform such a complex power.

     "I need to see the person before I illusion cast him though." Jackson pointed out.

     "I know, that's why we placed a GPS in Kai's wallet," Taeil explained, and Hyunseung scratched his chin and asked further, "So how are we going to catch him? Just follow him?" 

     "Since Sinner three is a demon from the Greed Realm..." Taeil looked at Suho and continued "You and Jackson will walk the streets as rich-looking as possible. And once I tell you that the person is the Sinner, illusion cast him as fast as you can with Suho, and Kharon will again stop the time so that people would not be weirded out about what you're going to do next." Taeil explained.

NOTE: When Jackson casts an illusion on someone, he and the person being cast will be staring blankly at each other, that's why people might be weirded out, or even move their bodies, causing the illusion to break.

     "Okay, but how about his ghoul? How can we deal with that? I bet they already warned him of our arrival too," Minhyuk reminded them.

     "Yeah, the second sinner was warned about us and we just pulled it off because we concealed ourselves," Sunggyu added, and then Suho joined the conversation and said, "And we got lucky that it was humans that we were battling with, not ghouls."