Evil or Friendly?

Tristen

Tomorrow was the school trip and I was honestly interested in going. I know college ain't in my line of view but I was interested to see what Clark U looked like.

It was Tuesday and I decided to go visit my dad.

Once I got there I signed in, got searched and proceeded to the phone booth. "Not today, you'll be sitting in another room." A guard said and guided me down the hallway. I sat in a room that just had a table and chairs.

The door buzzed and my dad walked out. We gave each other a half hug and sat down. "Seen mom lately?" I asked.

"Nah, she ain't come to see me in weeks. Probably mad at me."

"Well she is technically a single parent right now with four annoying boys."

"She ain't single, we still married and she ain't going no where either."

"What she mad at you for?"

"That's grown folks business. Now what's going on with you?"

I slid him over the pamphlet to Clark U and he opened it with a smile on his face. "Thinking about college?"

"Nah dad, just going on a school trip. Me and my partner have to do an assignment for math class so you know." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Well hopefully he can pull his own damn weight, I hated having a partner who don't do shit."

"Well she can pull her own weight if she wasn't so damn uptight."

He laughed and smiled "She? An L5 girl?"

"Nah she ain't L5, she this rich girl named Zadie from Flash lane. She uptight, hard headed, questions everything, hardheaded, stubborn.."

"So you like her."

"Nah, dad you know we can't date outside of L5."

"Tah! Says who?"

"That's the code ain't it?"

"Must be a new fucking code. Tristen is your mom an L5 girl? Or better yet is my mom one?"

I sat and thought, cause I honestly never thought about it. "Nah."

He had his hands behind his head and had a smartass grin on "for someone smart you slow sometimes." He said and laughed

"But why would someone tell me that and everyone else in my set if it ain't come from an OG?"

"Cause people like to say things and put someone's name on it. People lie son."

"It don't matter either way, I don't like her. I just need this A to get outta MXHS."

He shock his head at me and sighed. Let's see what you say at your next visit. If you change ya mind about her bring her to visit one time."

"So you want me to bring a stuck up African Princess who not only is from Flash lane but who I'm still trying to convince to be friends with me to visit my incarcerated father who not only is accused of killing a man, but who also is an OG of the very gang that she fears? Right, I'll get right on that" we both laughed

"Sounds easy right?" He said and we both laughed. We spent the rest of the hour talking and then he had to go back to his cell.

Once he went back I got my brothers home and helped them with they homework.

I laid back on my bed and was bored. I hit up Alijah and he ain't and he aint answer. I went through my phone and saw Zadie's name, so I figured why not give her a call.