Boujee

Tristen Pov

Since the situation with Zadie I haven't really spoken to her. The past two days of school we had a test in math and we had went over our answers the day after.

Today was Saturday and I remember her mentioning that to come over to work on the project over the weekend or something like that. So I headed over there. Driving to this up right part of town makes me itch. I don't belong over here and it was obvious.

When I pulled in her driveway the lawn mower waved at me and I waved back. I walked up the front door and rung the bell. It took someone five minutes to answer the door. When Zadie opened the door, she was eating a bowl of ice cream and just stared at me. She had on a big blue t-shirt Said Astros on it and he hair was curly, and you could tell she had no makeup on.

"Tristen, What the hell are you doing here?" She asked

"You said a Saturday was possible." I said holding up my computer.

"Uh I guess I did but..idk my mother is having a bad day." She said

"So?" I asked confused

She sighed before letting me in. I looked around the house and admired all the expensive unnecessary shit she had on her. She even had a portrait painted of her and her paints hanging in the den.

"My house ain't a poor museum, why you looking so hard." She asked in a joking way

"You got mad un needed things in here. Like why so much stuff?" I asked

"Things make people feel more whole." She said mockingly

"You can't be that shallow." I said but she didn't answer

Or maybe you can. I said under my breath. "I'll be right back, to grab my laptop." She ran out the room and left me in the kitchen. I heard something wheeling into the kitchen and looked up to see a girl in a wheelchair making her way over here. The chair was electric and had a speaker panel on it. She stared at me and just drooled. She eventually waved at me and I waved back.

"What's your name." I asked

"Faye." The machine said for her. I got up and walked up to her.

"I'm Tristen, it's nice to meet you sweetie." I said and shook her hand. Just then Zadie came back into the room.

"Faye he's a friend from school." She said

"Like my boyfriend?" The machine said and I squeezed my eyebrows together. Zadie smiled and laughed and honestly that seemed like the purest emotion she's ever shown me.

"You have a boyfriend who goes to our school?" I asked, Faye nodded

"Well lemme know his name so I can keep an eye on his ass alright." I said to Faye.

She clapped her hands in response. "Faye we gotta work on our project so can you give us an hour or so, maybe you can play one of your games in the mean time." Zadie said