South Carolina

Please vote and comment♥️

Zadie

Today was Saturday and I was being grabbed to the club wit my parents, and of course my Faye.

She had bunny ears on top of her head and I drew some whiskers on her, she was Lola bunny for Halloween.

"Zadie sweetie make sure that you get yours nails done this weekend okay? I made an appointment for your hair to get trimmed and rebranded tomorrow at three with Donna." My mom said while typing on her phone.

"Great." I said pretending to be excited.

My dad pulled into the club and was greeted by the Valet. I smiled at the boy as did everyone else and we walked inside. Faye took off to her usual area watching the old men play chess.

I walked towards the back where I found Rolland and some other boys talking and looking at golf clubs. I stared down at him the balcony and was done I was done with him. I was sick of it to be honest. He did nothing for me but make me feel second best.

Tristen and I aren't perfect but he doesn't make me feel like I come second to a game. He always make me feel like my safety is number one, and I always feel protected when he's around. With Rolland I knew as long as he had his cell phone with him he could call someone for help, which isn't the same as feeling like your man will protect you.

"YO" I heard someone scream and when I looked down Rolland was staring at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. "Don't be boujee now Zadie, you was just staring at me that long and you just gonna walk away now." He yelled up

I huffed and walked back to the balcony. "Rolland I was day dreaming, all because my eyes were in your direction that doesn't mean that I was staring at you." I said

"Day dreaming about what? Your gang boyfriend?" He asked

"His name is Tristen." I corrected him

"Really? He was just gang boy you about a month ago." Rolland said

"People change Rolland. People grow up." I mocked him.

He rolled his eyes at me and rolled up his sleeves. "Alright how about we have dinner as a peace offering?" He asked

I slanted my eyes at him and raised an eyebrow. I noticed he still had on the watch and I got an idea in my head. "Fine, When?" I asked

"Friday?" He asked

"Fine." I said and walked away.

"See you at eight." I heard him yell

"Amie I set a date with Rolland." I texted to her.

"You wanna retype that I think your iPhone is fucking up." Amie responded

"Its not. Me and Rolland are having dinner." I responded.

I closed my phone when I got the Faye who was playing checkers with an old man. I smiled at her and looked down at the checkers table. "Faye are you letting him win?" I asked

"Letting me win? She's won three times in a row. She aint leaving until I beat her at least once!" The old man wit barely any teeth said

My phone vibrated twice and I looked and saw two messages. One from Alijah and the other from Amie. I opened both Alijah said "Can we all meet today. We got a problem." and Amie said "Girl why would you have dinner with him, and when is this date?"

"Zadie come on were heading out." My mom yelled.

I quickly replied that it was Friday and that Rolland was picking me up at 8, I closed my phone and told Faye to come on. She made a move that made the old man gasp, I'm assuming that she beat him.