Puppets

Zadie

My head is throbbing and I smell nothing but peppers and seasoning right now. I tried to shuffle around and move around in my bed but then I threw my arm to the side and realized that my arm was off the sides. My bed was a California king, that doesn't happen ever.

I tried to lift myself up but realized I was still very hung over, but my best tries to get up finally landed on me on my elbows. I opened my eyes and it hurt so bad, it felt like I had an eyelash in my eye but just millions of them all at once.

I finally clamped them open enough to see that I was not in my room. I looked around and saw a bunch of guys clothes and sneakers all over the ground. There was a dresser that had a bunch of pictures with four little boys in it. I didn't recognize any of them they all looked similar but none of them looked like someone I hung out with. I noticed I had on an old T-shirt that had a family reunion logo on it. The last name on it was Cole/Herron.

I didn't know anyone with either name and with my mind not working properly right now I can't even try to think of people in my school with that name. I heard some noise and water running from outside the door and decided I should be making my way out now.

I moved some of the clothes on the floor around to try to look for my shoes and my car keys. I lifted up two pants and a shirt before I found my sandals and my wallet. Once I got my slippers on I saw out the corner of my eye a logo on the T-shirt. Something told me to look at it and when I did I nearly chocked on my own breath. It was an L5 logo on the first.

I froze and looked around again and flipped over a hoodie that was hanging on the end of the bed, it had L5 on it too. I was in the house of a gang member and more importantly in the bed of one. I wanted to scream and run but I didn't wanna draw attention to myself. I slipped off the shirt that I had on and tried to search around for mines. I lifted the sheets and saw that mine was under the pillow. I slipped it on as fast as I could and threw the T-shirt with the family reunion logo on it back on the bed. I looked down at the shirt and looked at the last names again. "Fuck" I whispered to myself, Cole. Tristen Cole, he's an L5 member, and this has to be his house. He has brothers too so it would make sense "shit" I whispered to myself again.

"I have to get out of here." I said to myself and grabbed up my stuff. I ran to the window and it would barely open. It opened enough for a leaf to blow through it but with some force I got it to open a little more. I threw my stuff outside of it and then proceeded to crawl out of the window. Once I got my upper half of and realized I didn't have anything to force my other half out and I was at a weird angle where I couldn't lift myself out of it.

I wiggled a few times trying to get myself out when I felt two hands on my sides. I took a deep breathe and someone snatched my whole body back inside like I was a spice on a cabinets shelf.

I self myself choke on my breathe and I started coughing as I got placed back on the floor. "Let go of me you ass hat!" I yelled

"Ass hat huh? Wow your welcome princess." He said and grabbed his clothes off the floor and shot them into a hamper.

"Don't call me that. Now how the hell did I get here? And I want the truth no bullshit!" I said. I tried to sound as hard and serious as I could I am honestly terrified, Tristen is a gang member and he is dangerous. He's beat people within an inch of their life before and I couldn't possibly fight him off.

"Princess relax, You came here on ya own last night" Tristen said and started to make his bed.

"Why would I come here? With you? Oh god did we have sex? Please tell me we did oh god. Did we wear a condom? Do I have an std? Lord please tell me I'm not pregnant with a little that! God please just tel.."