Opening up

It was Wednesday and I was waiting at my crib for Zadie to drive over. We decided she'd drive over here and we'd leave from here to the school.

I called her cell again and she didn't answer AGAIN, this was my third time calling and I was about to be leave her ass. 

I started my car up and saw my mom was leaving for work I assumed. I got back out the car and smiled at her. "Hey mom"

"Hey baby, your not at school yet?" She asked

"No I'm going on a school trip to Clark U. It's for math class."

She hugged me and kissed my
Forehead. "Baby good, keep ya head in those books alright."

"Yes mom." I looked at her and noticed she wasn't in her uniform. "Mom where you going?" I asked

"To visit your father." She said with a smile, but dang I forgot my cellphone. Start the car for me please baby." She handed me her keys and ran into the house.

I started her car and got out of it. When I did I saw Zadie was calling me back. "Hello" I answered.

"I'm so sorry I didn't pick up Faye was having some problems with her caretakers and she got really upset and."

"Wait slow up, is Faye alright?" I asked

"She's fine she's sleeping now. Do you think you can come pick me up instead I'm sorry, my dads blocking me in and he just got in from labor and delivery at the hospital.

"Yeah no problem I'll be there in a minute."

"Aright." We hung up and I turned around to see my mom standing behind me.

"What?"

"Who is she?" She asked with a smile.

"Her names Zadie, she's my Math partner."

"What could you possibly be doing in math class that you need a partner?"

"We doing a project on math and slaves."

"I'd love to see that. Alright have fun baby be safe." She said and pulled off.

I got in my car and headed to Zadie house. Once I got there I texted her to come out and she got in.

She made small talk as we got to the school. I parked and we signed in with Mrs. Winters.

Zadie Pov

Once we signed in I texted Amie and asked her where she was.

Finally my phone buzzed and she texted me back.

Amie 🐐: Hey I'm riding with Sean, If that's okay with you.

Me: Sean from math? That Lightskin L5 Guy?

Amie 🐐: yes lol he's my partner so why not right 😏. Don't front I see you over there with Tristen Cole.

Me: 🤨. Girl we just friends don't nobody want Tristen Cole.

Amie 🐐: When you stop believing that lie you let me know aight. That boy like you and I don't care what you say.

Me: GOODBYE AMIE lol

I locked my phone back and paid attention to what Mrs. Winters was saying.

"So just to be clear, you all need pictures, and pamphlets of the courses you'd be interested in. And then you need a math related topic that is what you picked out the hat yesterday, Alright? Now go ahead and head there, everyone else get on the bus."