Zadie

Zay-dee

My life is perfect, my hair is perfect, my clothes are perfect, my car is perfect, my nails are...almost perfect. I should have gotten a fill yesterday.

No one knew my real life, they knew what I showed them and what I allowed them too see. I knew that if they knew my real home life they would talk badly and spread rumors, well that's not going to start now. My little sister Faye is starting her special education classes people are gonna know that she's not perfect, but she is to me.

Faye requires a lot of help, such as a speech therapist and a personal nanny because my mom doesn't want to help. Or as she'd say she wants the best help she can provide and she knows that she can't handle any of them herself, so she throws money at it.

I grabbed my book bag and headed downstairs. I grabbed my keys off the front table and I heard someone yell. I dropped my bag and headed into the kitchen where the scream originated. Ms. Loom was whipping off some hot grits from her shoulder and back where I assume Faye had thrown it at her.

"I can't do this anymore. I just can't work with her. She's just too much work." Ms. Loom said and grabbed a cloth from the sink.

My mom came downstairs, draped in Louis Vuitton and Hermès. Nothing but the best for the queen. "What's all the yelling for?" She asked typing away on her phone. She owned a match making company here in Atlanta called Opposites Attract and was constantly sending and answering emails. My dad had already left for the day as usual. He's a surgical doctor at Philadelphia Medical and he also sits on the board of directors.

"Mrs. Anderson I cannot help your daughter anymore! She's just too much for just one person to handle. She needs a facility not just a Home aid!!" Ms. Loom yelled

Faye had started forcing her head down and hitting the sides of her head. The bowl that had the grits in it was upside down now and Faye's face was straight into the grits that had spread around the table. I rushed over to Faye to calm her down and ease her stress. "Fay fay calm down, here let me help you" I grabbed one of the embroidered silk cloths that were fancy placed on the table and started whipping the grits off her face. She started smiling and giggling when she realized it was me.

"Oh now really Zadie, do you have to use my embroidered towels on her face, there's a plate full of disposable napkins right in front of you." My mom said too me.

"Oh my goodness mother you were able to put down your phone just to notice that? How caring of you." I said still whipping the grits off of Faye. She giggled a little and held her hand over her mouth. My mom completely ignored my comment and faces Ms. Loom.

"And as for you Ms. Loom I think that another care giver is a great idea. I'll hire one and she'll be here by tomorrow." My mom said typing on her phone again

"Ma'am I'm sorry it doesn't work that fast. There's at least a months wait before you can get a care giver into your home." Ms. Loom said. Obviously from her working here for three months she doesn't realize my mom knows no time limit.

"Oh Ms. Loom, you'll surely realize that I get things done at the pace that I want too get them done, not the pace their allowed to get done." My mom said. "Now are you adequately able to handle my daughter for the rest of the evening or are you incapable of handling a five year old trapped fifteen year olds body? Because if so I'll have you reassign faster then you can say Mary Poppins. Capisce?" I laughed silently at myself. My mom knew had to make someone feel terrible for a decision that was probably for her best interest.

"I can stay home and watch Faye today." I offered more as a snide comment then an actual offer. I'd rather stay home with Faye any day than go to school but of course that was out of the question.