Mr. Cole

Zadie POV

We walked around the campus searching for math that had food in it.

"Yo let's sit down." Tristen said and we did on a bench outside the library.

"What has math and food in it?" I asked "what does that even mean?"

"Man I don't know. I'm looking for posters or something that says math or statistics or something. Just numbers and food." He said and pulled out a granola bar and started eating it.

"Oh my god we're so dumb." I said and grabbed his granola bar out his mouth.

"We?" He asked

"The calories, and the ingredients on the back of the wrapper. This is the math." I said

"Oh shit you right. So we just need some pictures with the labels on the back of food and drinks" he said

"Exactly. Where's the cafeteria?" I asked

"Excuse me. Where the cafe?" He yelled at some random person walking by.

"Two buildings down." He said back

"Let's go." I said and started speed walking to it.

"Ayo track star can I have my granola bar back?" He asked, I didn't even realize I still had it.

"Here, now lets go." I threw it back to him.

We got to the cafe and picked up random beverages and snack and took pictures with them. It was oddly fun even with the random people staring at us, it didn't phase me cause...well honestly I don't know why. I just didn't care about anything at the moment. I just cared about what I was doing and getting the project done.

Once we were done we walked out to cafe to find Mrs. Winters. Once we got back to her she was still grading papers and looked up at us and smiled. "Figured it out?" She asked

We handed her our pamphlets and showed her the pictures we took of the food labels. "Good job guys. Email those to me and I'll give you your grade tomorrow in class." She said. We both nodded and headed back to Tristens car.

The ride back was silent but not awkward.

We got in his car and he pulled off. "What time are your try outs tomorrow?" He asked

"At 4, since school gets out at 2 something I'm gonna run until try outs."

"Wait isn't that gonna burn you out a little bit?"

"No I'll be okay, plus I need the practice." I said. He didn't answer but just nodded. "So where this playlist of yours?" I asked changing the topic.

"I forgot dang." He said and plugged in his aux and scrolled on his phone.

A song started playing and it was just the instrumental at first and then Drake came on. He put his phone on the magnetic holder and let the song play as I bobbed my head to the beat. I clicked his home button to see what song it was.