9.

"What time will you be home?" Namjoon sternly asked me, turning around from the armchair in our living room.

I adjusted my jacket in the mirror before answering. "I don't know."

"I don't know isn't an answer with me, you know that." He sighed. "Now what time are you gonna be home?"

"I don't know, Joon. Now can you stop asking me that? I don't know how long Lisa and Jungkook want to be out. We're getting pizza and then going to Lisa's and I don't know how long that'll take." I huffed, fluffing my hair just enough to give it some volume.

I wasn't actually going out with Lisa and Jungkook. I was really going to see Taehyung tonight.

I don't like lying to my brother, but in order to get my way, I had to.

"Jungkook is going to be there? I don't know if I want you to go now. Just stay home, we can do something, Jimin is coming over and I would be okay for you to be around him since I'm here." Namjoon tried to offer to me but I refused.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not interested in watching porn with you and Jimin."

"Can you knock it off with the porn thing? How do you even know about that? Do I need to look at your history on your phone?" My brother asked me, almost sounding like a concerned parent.

"I wasn't born under a rock, Joonie. But no, I have plans with my friends. I won't be out late. You have to trust me, okay?" I responded, turning to him and walking to his side of the armchair.

Namjoon slipped his arm around my waist, giving me a warm friendly hug. I could feel from his energy that he was nervous about letting me go.

"Text me when you get to Lisa's and make sure to have your ringer on incase I need to get ahold of you. You remember what happened last time." Namjoon's eyes went to mine and he gave me one of those parental looks again.

"Yeah, and if you show up at her house uninvited again, I might not ever speak to you again so let's not have history repeat itself tonight, alright?" I spat sarcastically, letting his arm drop from my side and I walked over to the kitchen island to grab my purse.

"Be careful. I love you Rose. I mean it." Namjoon spoke softly, his words sounding so loving in my ears.

I stalled before opening the door, my fingertips barely on the doorknob. Those 3 words that left that big mouth of his, actually felt like there was some meaning to it.

I swallowed my pride and I turned around, trying to respect my older brother. His eyes looking worried as usual stayed on mine, and I blinked slowly.

"I....I love you too, Joonie." I whispered just enough for him to barely hear me and I turned around, my eyes stuck on the door knob.

I never say those words often to him, although I should. My brother does everything for me. And to see the worry in his eyes, I did feel a little bit of guilt riding along with me.

I didn't like lying. But in order to have my way, I have to lie.

It's okay to lie sometimes.

-x-

When I stepped inside of the luxurious sports car, my stomach was tied in knots. I had a gut feeling to be nervous, although I felt like I shouldn't be. He greeted me with a warm smile. My eyes trialed down to the center cup holders that held two cups of mango smoothies.