16.

I got off the phone with him. I needed this person badly. They were always there for me when I needed someone. He was always open arms, wiping my tears away and somehow he always found the words to make me feel better.

I made sure my bedroom door was locked and I piled out of my bedroom window, not even wearing shoes or a jacket. I didn't care, I wanted to leave for awhile and clear my head. And I needed to talk to him.

I fell onto my front lawn, crunching into a pile of leaves and I started to run on the cold pavement. The cold air was meeting my cheeks, causing goosebumps to grow on my skin. But I didn't care about being cold.

I saw him in the distance. He was wearing all black from his joggers, to his black wind breaker, to a black bucket hat. I kept running and I watched him as he stopped in his tracks. I ran straight into his arms, wrapping my arms around him and he held me into his chest, giving me a warm hug.

"Rosie, where's your shoes and jacket? You're going to catch a cold out here." Jungkook said, his hands going straight to my arms, rubbing them up and down to try and bring heat to my body. "Take my jacket."

I shook my head no, holding onto Jungkook. He placed his arms around me again, rocking me back and forth. "I don't care. I just need you right now."

"Rose, listen to me for once. You're stubborn as fuck and you like things your way, but I'm not letting you catch a cold in this weather. Now take my jacket." Jungkook ordered, his arms leaving me and he started to remove his jacket.

I slipped it around me, the warmth and his scent wrapping around me and I looked up at him. I could feel my eyes puffy from crying, my lips pouting as I looked at him sadly.

"Why are you crying? Don't cry." Jungkook said in a comforting matter as he took his thumb to gently wipe away my tears from my cheeks.

"Namjoon and I got into it again. And it was really bad." I muttered, sniffling again and Jungkook rolled his eyes and took me into his arms again, his hand pressing my head into his chest and he held me there.

"What did he do now?" He demanded to know.

"He found Taehyung's shirt in my bed, completely lost his cool about it, and then he gets upset because he didn't know where I was, he starts panicking and then he brings them up. And it just brings back horrible flashbacks that I'm trying to move past. He always does it. I'm trying to accept what happened. This shit follows me everywhere I go. I just....I don't know." I tried to explain myself, my eyes puffing up with tears that wanted to stream down my cheeks but I fought it.

Jungkook let out a sigh, and I could hear it in his chest.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. I know how hard it was for you. Your brother is just worrying that something will happen to you. I think he's struggling with accepting what happened. So much is weighing on him, Rose. You gotta understand, you're all he has left. When they passed, your brother was distraught but he had to be strong for you. Someone had to raise you, and that was him. He's doing it with good intentions...but he has a shitty way of showing it." Jungkook replied, still swaying us back and forth as he tried to calm my tears.

I hated to admit it: he was right about Namjoon. Now that I had someone actually explaining it to me, it was making sense. He was being strong for me. He never had time to deal with it like I did.

"I just feel like a huge asshole now...maybe I am overreacting." I sniffled into Jungkook's chest.

"Well, you kind of are an asshole, but it's okay." Jungkook laughed a little, flashing his signature bunny smile and I pinched him a little before he continued talking. "But hes gotta let you go places and know that you're okay."