45.

"...What?" I asked Taehyung, almost dumbfounded by what he said to me.

I couldn't have heard him right. I'm telling him everything I'm feeling, that all I want was him despite what my brother was trying to convince me to believe.

"We shouldn't be together." He repeated himself, his eyes too shy to meet mine.

I grabbed him by his arm, indicating that I wanted him to look at me. "Why are you saying that to me?"

"It's not that I don't want to be with you, I clearly do." Taehyung began to say. He sat back in his seat, looking away from me to look out his window.

"Then why did you tell me that? You're not making sense to me." I felt my eyes become clouded again.

"You're hurting because of me. This is all my fault." Taehyung admitted, his hand covering his face for a brief second.

"What do you mean? This can't be your fault." I became worried by his answer.

"This is my fault, this is all my fault, Rosie. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Taehyung became emotional suddenly, not able to look at me. His overall demeanor changed, causing me to become concerned.

Was...Namjoon right? His words came piling into my mind, and I wanted it to stop. It was causing a headache for me. There is no way, no way he could be right about Taehyung. But with the way Taehyung was acting...I couldn't help but assume the worst.

"What are you saying? You're not making sense and you're scaring me. Just talk to me." I said, quickly grabbing his wrist to get him to talk to me.

Taehyung seemed to be choking back tears. I watched his expressions as he gripped his steering wheel tightly. He swallowed deeply, licking his lips as I could tell he was trying to keep his tears from falling.

"Taehyung..." I spoke in a calm matter, gently placed my hand on his shoulder, softly getting him to turn to me.

His eyes were red from fighting tears, his lip trembling with fear to speak, but in a matter of seconds he broke down.

"You're going through all of this because of me! You're fighting with your brother because of me! I'm just going to ruin your life, Rose. You don't deserve to go through all of this because of me. Im not worth it, I'll never be worth enough pain like this. I've put you through enough, you don't deserve this." Taehyung began to sob, and I wrapped my arms around him as he fell into them.

I held the boy as tightly as I could, kissing his head and trying to get him to calm down.

"Taehyung, it's okay. Stop talking like this, this isn't your fault." I tried to remember him but I felt him shake his head.

"Stop saying it's okay, it's not okay! None of this is okay! You've sacrificed enough for me. This has to stop, as much as it kills me, I can't let you go through all of this because of me. I ruined my friendship with Namjoon and that's fine, but I can't let myself ruin your relationship with your brother. I can't do that to you." Taehyung cried, but I refused to listen to him.

"Taehyung, I don't care! Look at me, look at me right now!" I demanded, letting go of Taehyung who had little strength to look me in the eyes.

His face was flushed, his eyes still red and puffy from crying, and he was sniffling every couple seconds. He looked completely destroyed.