Final.

Taehyung is leaving for college today.

I thought I would be more mentally prepared for this...but I wasn't.

He had his car all packed up and ready to go. He came over to my place to say his goodbyes. Although he told me it was a see you later, it didn't feel like that.

We stood at my doorway, tears swelling up in my eyes. I'm so used to seeing him every day and being around him that I almost didn't know what to do now that he would be away from me.

"Look at me," Taehyung spoke softly, the tips of his fingers going to the bottom of my chin so my eyes would lead to his. "I know this is hard."

"I'm going to miss you, Taehyung." I began to pout, feeling my bottom lip begin to tremble from sadness.

"And I'm going to miss you. I'm going to miss you every day. There isn't a day that's gonna go by that I won't miss you." Taehyung responded sweetly, but I still refused to look at him. If I looked at him, tears would fall and I was trying to prevent that from happening.

I blinked, allowing a couple tears to fall and I immediately began to wipe them away from my cheeks.

"Hey...look at me." Taehyung took a couple steps closer, his eyes looking at me with concern. "I don't want you to cry. You know I'm going to come visit you every chance I get. I'm going call you when I can, I can even FaceTime you if you want. I'm going to see you and hear you...it just won't be all the time now."

I looked down, more tears released and I heard Taehyung sigh before towering his arms over me to bring me into his body. I wrapped my arms around him, starting to cry.

"I'm sorry Taehyung, I'm just going to miss you so much. You're part of my everyday routine. I can't picture not being with you like I am now. I'm going to miss you....so....much..." I buried my face into his shirt once more.

"Honey, I'm gonna miss you too. You have no idea. I'm gonna miss waking up next to you, driving you to school, our late night adventures...this isn't easy for me either. I don't like hearing you cry...it makes it so much harder than I want it to be..." I could feel Taehyung swallow in his chest, almost as if he was trying to not cry himself. "I don't wanna go away for school, love. If I could stay here I would but I have to so I can have a future for not only myself...but for us. So I can provide for you. You remember the plan, right?"

"Our future is ahead of us, I know, I know you told me that. You told me you will move me over closer to you, we will have our own place and you'll provide for me so I don't have to stress. But that's years from now. I just want all of this to go by so I can just be with you." I trembled as I looked up at him with sad eyes.

"Please don't give me that look, you're breaking my heart." Taehyung choked, his eyes looking as if they were about to leak.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm going to miss you so much, Taehyung. It just hurts and I know, I'm being selfish and I know I'll be okay. But I'm just complete when you're by my side. You're going away from me and I hate it." I cried just a tiny bit before I heard Taehyung sniffling himself.

"I don't like being away from you either, Rose. I know it's going to hard on you, but it's going to be hard on me too. This isn't easy, I feel like I'm making the wrong choice by going to school so far away..." Taehyung said as he wiped his eye for a second. "I should have went somewhere closer. I'm regretting this already."

"Taehyung, no. Don't say that. This is what you wanted. You got into the art school you've been wanting to go to...this is your passion...your dream...don't give up. I'm going to be rooting for you at home...everyday. Don't regret this. You're going to make it like you wanted to. I'll always be here. I know this is what's best." I admitted, sniffling away my tears, trying to compose myself. "You have to do this okay? I'll be okay, I'm going to miss you so much but I promise I'll be okay."