27~His Bathtub

The screech immediately caused Taehyung to recoil from me and whirl around.

"H-Hoseok?" Taehyung gaped.

Indeed, Jung Hoseok bundled in a stylish dark navy coat with an acorn bag, was standing in the entrance of the ally, staring wide-eyed.

"Are you okay, Taehyung?" Hoseok rushed to Taehyung's side and began to touch his cheeks, his hair, and, yeah, pretty much everywhere. "Oh my Tae has gone insane! Did you drink too much? Are you sick? Do you have a fever? Did you get STD?"

"What the-" Taehyung shook off Hoseok's fretting fingers.

"I heard STD could make you go insane!" Hoseok began resuming his hopeless cry. "Oh your poor di-"

Taehyung shifted Yeontan into one arm and clapped a hand over Hoseok's mouth. "Let's not finish that sentence, Hoseok," he growled.

My entire body was burning up in mortification, yet in truth, it was really Taehyung who had to be the most embarrassed between the two of us since Hoseok could only see Taehyung probably about to have a make out session in thin air.

Hoseok's eyes landed on Yeontan who was offering him a goofy smile with the blue leash wrapped around his ears and nose.

"Oh!" Hoseok managed to free his mouth and he beamed at Yeontan, momentarily forgetting the disastrous situation at hand. "You got a puppy Taehyung? That's so cute! Is that why you were in the ally?"

Taehyung paused before nodding quickly. "Yes, that's right," he replied in slight relief. "That's the reason."

"Oh you cutie widdle puppy!" Hoseok cooed, absolutely distracted by Yeontan. Then Hoseok abruptly straightened and looked Taehyung in the eye. "Glad to understand the situation now. But don't go insane on me again Taehyung. And remember to wear condoms."

With that the secretary of Lumineux marched off on his merry way leaving Taehyung sputtering like a dying car engine.

Yeontan wriggled and finally Taehyung shut his jaw and untangled the puppy and set him on the ground. Immediately the Pomeranian puppy twisted his little body back into a twisted mess.

"Let's go home," Taehyung huffed in exasperation.

In the penthouse Yeontan preoccupied himself to investigating every single nook and cranny possible, giving little yips of excitement. Taehyung threw himself on the couch, peeling off his coat and unbuttoning the top of his shirt underneath- that I, of course, 100% did not notice.

"You know what Taehyung, I'm going to take a bath," I announced.

Taehyung glanced at me indifferently. "And you're telling me that because...?"

A small blush crept up my cheeks. "Never mind," I mumbled and quickly took my leave to the bathroom. Why the heck did I announce I was going to bathe like that anyways? God, I needed to slap my brain cells awake.

The bathroom itself was probably the size of my former bedroom when I was still in high school. It was grand and spacious, with creamy tan marble walls. Large windows rested towards the ceiling, allowing pure daylight to stream in and illuminate the white tub in the room as well as the sink and mirror against a wall. At the moment the lighting was slightly dim because of the overcast weather outside, but I didn't bother to turn on the lights.

I crossed over to the tub and turned on the hot water and immediately the steaming hot water began to pour out. Memories of swimming in a hotel hot tub with my parents flickered across my mind. Before everything fell apart.

I'd been smiling, swimming and splashing around while my parents scolded me but allowed me to play, as we were the only ones in the tub at the moment. White steam rose from the hot tub, enveloping my parents and I in one warm cloud.