[Soulmate AU] Quiet! Smol! Reader [REQUEST]

YES THE READER ISN'T SMALL THEY'RE SMOL

Okay in this soulmate AU everyone writes in a journal and on their 15th birthday, soulmates will have their notebookes magically swapped.
~~~
(Your POV)

11:30 PM.

You looked down at the journal. You'd filled the pages to the brim starting all the way from age five, it was one of your most prized possessions. In thirty minutes you were going to get some stranger's notebook, and see what they wrote. There were a few embarrassing things in your journal, like a sketch of what you hoped he looked like. But you drew that when you were seven, so the drawing was smudged horribly and you tried to erase it but it just wouldn't.

11:35 PM

You had twenty-five last minutes with your journal now. You began to frantically write in it, paranoid you might not finish.

Hey soulmate, it's 11:35 PM so there's just a few minutes until you can see this. I have no idea if we even live in the same country, but I hope we live close because I'd love to meet with you some day. Sadly the journals will never swap back, but if we know our names that's a start.

-(Y/N) (L/N)

Was it good enough? Did it get your point across? You'd perhaps never know.

11:50 PM

You almost shrieked when you saw the time. Had you really taken so long just to write a few sentences?! You began pacing around your room, back and forth, not knowing if you wrote what was expected or if you wrote enough.

Your thoughts wandered to Shuichi. He was your best friend and you'd had a crush on him for quite a few years, but you oppressed those feelings. There was no way he was your soulmate, and you were supposed to date your soulmate.

11:58 PM

Your breathing hitched and you watched the seconds wind away on your clock.

45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50...

You didn't have much longer until your fifteenth birthday, until your notebook would swap.

11:59 PM

Just mere seconds now. Your eyes were glued to the clock, and you couldn't move a muscle.

As the numbers counted up, you felt your anxiety heighten. Did you write enough? Did you do it right? Those questions kept swirling in your head, and there was no way to know.

12:00 AM

The weight of your journal changed, and you looked down only to not see your journal anymore. Instead of your red journal, it was now black and much smaller than yours.

Huh, it kinda looks like Shuichi's...

You quickly dismissed that thought and opened up to the first page. On that first page was something you and Shuichi had written together.

(Bold is Shuichi, italics is you)

Hi, soulmate. My name is Shuichi Saihara. But I want you to meet my best friend, (Y/N).

Hi, Shuichi's soulmate! My name's (Y/N). I hope we meet and become good friends some day! I might write in his notebook too by the way, we're besties! Try not to get jealous, 'kay?

You chuckled. Little did you know that soulmate turned out to be you. You couldn't believe the chances. But most of all, you were glad you wouldn't have to suppress your feelings for him anymore.

Your phone vibrated from your pocket, and you checked. You had a text message from Shuichi.

Shuichi Saihara: Are you awake?

You typed in a quick reply.

Me: Yes

Shuichi Saihara: So... we got each other's notebooks, right?

Me: I guess...

Shuichi Saihara: Um... Tomorrow, or technically later today, do you wanna...

Shuichi Saihara: Get some ice cream?

Me: Sure... what time?

Shuichi Saihara: Noon?

Me: Okay. Thank god tomorrow's Saturday!

Me: Anyways I gotta sleep. Gn!

Shuichi Saihara: Gn.

And that was where the conversation ended.

~~~

"Wow, this ice cream is awesome!" You took another bite from your bowl. Shuichi had taken you to the local ice cream parlor, which was where you two currently were, enjoying ice cream and watching traffic.

"Yeah... it's pretty good," Shuichi agreed with a smile.

You and him fell into an awkward silence, both of you too shy and quiet to speak up or make a move. Eventually the silence must've gotten to Shuichi, because he spoke up.

"C-can I... u-um... hold your hand?" Shuichi awkwardly stuttered.

You shyly nodded, slowly holding out your hand to him. He gently took it, and his hand was a lot bigger than yours. But it was soft and warm, and it made you wanna cuddle him or give him a big hug but you stopped yourself.

"Your hands are warm," You giggled a little, and Shuichi joined.

The rest of your little 'date' finished like that: awkward silences followed by an almost as awkward advance and some chatter. At the end he kissed you on the cheek, which turned your face as red as a tomato and he laughed at you a little bit.

But at the end of the day, you were certain he was the one for you. He was for sure your soulmate.

~~~
Word count: 864