[Soulmate AU] Claimer!Shuichi x Sub!Reader

This is a soulmate AU that's based off of some yummy BDSM stuff. Basically, there's two types of people: claimers and subs. Claimers are born with a black bracelet around their wrist that they can only take off once, but a dotted black outline will be permanently left on their wrist to mark that they're a claimer who has taken off their bracelet. They can put their bracelet on a sub but only once, where the bracelet will turn gold and the two people will become soulmates. More on that later.

Subs cannot remove the bracelets once they've been put on, and they can't claim anyone. Claimers can't claim other claimers. Society has thus used this as a way to sort of create expectations for all relationships that the claimer is the top and the sub is the bottom, and usually that's the case but there are a few rare exceptions.

Soulmates share some interesting qualities, but there are two main ones: soulmates will always love each other no matter what and can't love anyone else, and if soulmates are separated they will always end up finding each other again.

~~~

You frowned as Shuichi told you what was going on.

"My uncle said I'm going to a new school next week..." Shuichi looked at the floor in sorrow. Both of you were best friends and neither of you wanted to lose the other.

"Wh-what?! But then I won't be able to play with you at recess! Who will I swing with?" You whined. You and Shuichi would often play on the swing sets at recess, and it was your favorite thing to do together.

"I-I'm sorry..." Shuichi wiped a tear from his eye, feeling awful for having to tell you such terrible news. There was silence for a while before Shuichi suddenly got an idea, "Hey... hold on... what if I claimed you? They say soulmates always find each other if they're separated."

"But you're supposed to save it for someone special," You looked a bit dumbfounded at his offer. Your parents had always told you to only allow yourself to be claimed by someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with since it couldn't be undone.

"You're special to me!" Shuichi protested, taking the bracelet off of his wrist. You were a little hesitant but you stuck out your wrist, and he put the bracelet on your wrist. It only took a few seconds before it turned into a golden color, showing that it was done. Both of you stared in a sort of daze at the now golden bracelet that marked both of you as soulmates. Shuichi looked at his wrist to see a dotted black outline where the bracelet had once been.

"Well... I guess we're soulmates now," You commented, and the two of you shared a warm smile before hugging each other.

"We're gonna be together forever, (Y/N)!" Shuichi giggled.

~~~

You smiled as you remembered that from your childhood. The both of you had only been first graders back then, but even as a high schooler you still felt the same giddiness that moment brought you back then. You were also waiting for the day you'd find Shuichi again, but you hoped it was sooner rather than later. You missed him after all these years, though most people were just jealous that you were claimed already and had a soulmate. Most relationships broke off because the claimer wasn't sure they wanted to make the full commitment and claim the sub, or the sub got cold feet and didn't let themselves get claimed. Some couples that were soulmates were unhappy despite loving each other, some were really happy.

Sighing, you forced yourself to forget all that as you looked down at your book. You were at the public library studying for an upcoming test, though you really didn't wanna be here. You'd mostly come because your friend who was a complete teacher's pet wanted to study and couldn't read his notes like a normal person would; he had to make an impression and study at the public library.