Time Traveller! Reader

(Your POV)

"Can we go get ice cream?" You pleaded, tugging on Shuichi's coat sleeve slightly and jumping a little bit.

"No, sorry... maybe tomorrow, I still need to solve that case about the pie," Shuichi sighed, his head low as he began to retreat to his bedroom. You let him, disappointed.

You brought your hand in front of you, and calmly watched as time rewound until you got to the moment before you asked for ice cream.

"Hey Shuichi, I know you have a case and all but can we go somewhere? Maybe for like... twenty minutes? It'll help refresh your brain," You offered calmly, watching him with a friendly smile.

"Oh, come on... when you put it like that you know I can't say no," Shuichi chuckled lightly, throwing his coat over his outfit. "How many time travels did that take?" he joked.

"Only one," You replied with a sly smile. You'd told Shuichi about your rewind powers and you'd proven it to him multiple times, so now he believed in you.

The two of you strolled to the car, getting inside quickly. Shuichi started it up and you were on the road to the ice cream shop. You turned on the radio and hummed along to the song that was playing, looking out the window.

"It's a nice day," You commented.

"Yeah, it is," Shuichi agreed, smiling at you. That adorable little smile of his...

"Shuichi, look out!!" You gasped, moving to the steering wheel as suddenly a drunk driver swerved into the lane, nearly flipping their own car.

It seemed to happen in slow motion, and suddenly there was a sharp impact on the car and it was lauched out of control. You hadn't been wearing your seatbelt and you began to fly out of the car, colliding with the glass painfully.

But because your hands stuck out, the time began to reverse itself. All the way back until you were getting in the car, and then you could go no further back.

"Shoot! I forgot something!" You lied, hoping to stall for time. Maybe this time, you could save his life.

~~~

"There's been reports of a drunk driver on (street) and police are attempting to stop the driver," the radio spoke.

"W-wait, what?!" You realized you were on that street just as something hit the car from behind. It was the drunk driver.

Another time reverse.

~~~

"C-can we not get ice cream, actually?" You spoke softly.

"Does something bad happen if we leave?" Shuichi asked in a serious tone.

You only nodded, and Shuichi understood. "B-but! Maybe we can go somewhere else?" You offered.

"Oh, o-okay! ...I heard they opened a new fast food joint, if you want to try it..." Shuichi suggested.

"Sure!" You smiled, and both of you got in the car.

~~~

"There's been reports of someone speeding in a black car, and police are unable to track this car. Please be careful, and driv-"

The car was crashed into once more.

~~~

So many times Shuichi had been killed. Kokichi Ouma was the culprit, you found that out after thousands of time rewinds. He was trying to kill Shuichi by any means necessary, even if it sacrificed his own just so his organization was kept a secret.

There was no way to stop him. Every plan you made, he was ready for. It was like he knew where the traps were going to be.

"Pssst, miss time travel! It's too bad I can time travel too!" Kokichi cheered, expertly dodging yet another trap and shooting Shuichi square in the head. You'd seen it so many times by now you were numb to it. "But... I don't wanna be found out! It was fun playing with you~!"

Kokichi shot you in the head, and there was no way for you to reverse that. You were dead, game over... you never got to save Shuichi. That was the last thing you'd tried to do and you failed so many times. In the end, you really were just a useless person in the background.

~~~
Word count: 685

Oneshot was unrevised. Sorry for inactivity, I've been actually doing homework and improving my grades. Oh, and studying for finals next week hahahaha- killmeplease