(Angst) Roman Empire AU

I stole this idea from my sister... She actually had this idea for a marching band show our school could do and I decided to steal her idea and write it as a fanfic because I'm an awful person.

Sorry, FreezeArt... heh...

BY THE WAY, since I don't feel like doing my history homework it will take place in a modern setting-

And and and it uses lyrics from the Japanese song Please Give Me Wings and a year ago I made some shitty cover lyrics and I may or may not have used those lyrics for a songfic portion

~~~

(Your POV)

You sighed as you got out of bed, shutting off your alarm. What was even the point of going to school anymore? With all this plague business and people freaking out, school was hardly productive. Hardly anybody went to school anyways.

Rolling your eyes, you pulled out your phone. Not a single notification...

"That's almost depressing," You joked.

New message from Shuichi Saihara!

"Oh. That's some timing..." You thought out loud, checking the text.

Shuichi Saihara: My mother...got the plague

You gasped and almost threw your phone. His mother was the last healthy adult, and now with her infected he had nobody to take care of him... she'd die a slow, painful death.

Me: Omg I'm so sorry!! What are you gonna do?!

Shuichi Saihara: I'd love to try and care for her but even she agrees, I need to get out of here ASAP... can I crash at your place?

Me: Yeah, of course you can! I wouldn't leave you to rot on the streets!

THUD THUD THUD!!!

"Oh shit!! They're back!" You gasped, trying to find a place to hide. A group of people that wanted the entire empire to collapse was killing people who still supported Ceasar, and since you had no political views they wanted to behead you.

Eyes darting around, you decided to just jump out the window and hope for the best. You leapt from your window to the streets below, and luckily you were only on the second floor. Your legs wobbled as they harshly collided with the pavement, but otherwise you were fine. You ran and hid in the many crowds of people, each day the crowd growing and more animalistic.

There was coughing from behind you, and immediately everyone started to run away. A person who probably had the plague on the streets was never a good sign. You ran with the crowd, almost getting trampled by others just as eager to get away.

"Gosh... I'm so hungry..." You suddenly thought out loud, remembering you hadn't eaten in days. That was another thing: everyone was starving.

Soldiers rushed into the streets as the crowd began to grow out of control, stabbing people on the edges with their spears to warn them to stay back. This was also a bad sign, you would be surrounded soon. You tried to run the opposite way but more soldiers were waiting, and you realized you were already surrounded and probably going to die.

"Help us!!!"

"I've caught the plague!!!"

"We're starving!!!"

"Somebody save us!!!"

"There's no hope!!!"

"I wanna be free!!!"

The voices flooded in one after the other, desparate screams and shouts as everyone tried to help themselves. That's all every individual wanted. Just to help their poor family, their friends... it would be too much to bare to care about even your small city.

Some people were stabbed to death right there just for coming too close, but someone ran out of the crowd. A soldier chased after them and they started climbing somewhere to avoid the spear, pointing back to the now rioting crowd as the soldiers were losing control. Looking around in confusion, they couldn't decided where to go for a second before dashing back to the crowd and trying to contain it.

You ran out of the crowd, and with all the other people doing the same there was no soldier to care about just you. Running as fast as you could, you ran to the safety of your house. Shuichi was standing at the door, looking pale.

"(Y/N)... I think I got the plague..." Shuichi sadly informed.

"Wh-what?!" You gasped.

"I-I'm sorry but... I... I can't infect you..." Shuichi regrettably turned his back to you.

He coughed violently and slowly climbed to the top of the building, waving slowly and sadly at you.

If I could get a wish
And it would come true,
I want a pair of wings...
To fly like birds do

Shuichi shakily took a step closer to the edge, and your eyes widened. He was going to-!

"Shuichi, stop!!" You cried as loud as you could.

I want precious white wings
On my back like a bird
So I can soar up high
And look down from the sky

He trembled at your words but still approached the edge, staring down into the streets. His foot slowly lifted itself off the edge and he leaned in, slowly... slowly...

I will fly in the air
Without care or a despair
And I will finally be free
I would like to fly away
So I'd flee without delay
And I will finally be free
Do this for me

He fell. His body quickly made contact with the ground below, his brains now shading the streets in more red. So many people were dying... so many had already died...

I still dream of those things
I dreamed as just a kid
Some precious white wings
Are all I've dreamed of

But this death was personal. The one you loved had killed himself right before his very eyes, and the streets didn't seem to notice or care. His corpse was trampled, not cared for... and soon just became a bloody pulp. Nothing more existed of him.

I will fly in the air
Without care or a despair
And I will finally be free
I would like to fly away
So I'd flee without delay
And I will finally be free
Do this for me

A violent cough rose from your chest, and you realized with horror that you were now sick with the plague. The only way to not die from the plague was to kill yourself before you got too sick...

I will fly in the air
Without care or a despair
And I will finally be free

Slowly, you climbed the walls just as Shuichi did. You looked over the ledge in the same place he'd jumped just moments ago, and your heart was racing.

I would like to fly away...
So I'd flee without delay...

You launched yourself into the streets, and almost as soon as you felt air you felt a dull thud before there was nothingness. You had killed yourself.

And I will finally be free
Do this for me

~~~
Word count: 1108

I'm sorry this is probably very historically inaccurate but I had a D in history so don't expect anything good from me-