Angst-ish Songfic

I won't say the name of the song yet
~~~

(Your POV)

Why were you always in misfortune? No matter what Shuichi had done, something bad always had to happen. Slowly your lives had devolved until there was no turning back. All that was left of living "normally" was... eating food. You couldn't even afford to have a place to call home anymore.

So many questions
But there's only one to be answered
Who are we? Who are we?
To chase what we were after
I thought that I knew
Guess I was misconstrued

A small chuckle escaped your lips. The entire story began to reply in your head. You'd met the shy boy through a dating website, and when you met in person you learned so many cool things about him. He had a comfortable life and a small fortune from being a popular detective, and you were surprised he'd just date somebody like you. Meeting someone with that kind of prestige on a dating website seemed insane!

Eventually the two of you had a second date, and then a third, and fourth... and after several months you decided to move in. The kind gentleman Shuichi was, he helped you move in your boxes. His house was small but cozy, and you liked it. It was better than a big house that felt there was too much room to be truly loved as a house, but to instead be loved as an indication of riches.

Starvation from success
I rose above the ashes
Was driving to impress
To appease the greater masses
Climbing higher
Only to see a crooked empire

It seemed the media seriously didn't like Shuichi's decision. No matter how much he assured them that you were perfectly fine, for some reason nobody seemed to like you. It was as if they thought you were some kind of poison. You told Shuichi that you'd leave to save his job, but he insisted that you stay and ignore the protests. He claimed that it'd die down after they realized you had a solid resolve to stay and they wouldn't care.

The biggest mistake of your life was believing him.

Two roads, one together
Nothing should last forever
Creations burn in the fire
Awe-inspirin'
My masterpiece

You decided to be actively against the media, though Shuichi warned you not to. Yet you said if you made posts against it that might gain people's attention that you were strong, so he reluctantly agreed. Next thing he knew, the cases people had requested of him were revoked. They went to other detectives for the cases, even if they'd get an answer months later than Shuichi could provide and at a higher cost. People didn't care as long as it didn't support you.

At this point you were both in tears. You tried to run away to save Shuichi's job, but he always knew when you were trying and convinced you to stay. You loved him too much to want to leave him, and you decided to lay low. The media raged even more and called you a wimp and other things. It got so bad you had to delete your social media.

Our lives were lost to us
Reduced to lines on a page
Our time, it costed us
What happened to the words we made?
We lost the spotlight
No more old songs in the night

At this point both you and Shuichi had no jobs and no luck finding one. All the media outrage followed both of you everywhere to the point it almost felt like the entire world was against you, or the entire world had been possessed. You were running out of money and it seemed there was no way to get any more. You had to sell all your furniture just to keep the house a little longer.

You always tried so hard
But you moved in a different direction
You should have pushed much harder
I mean no ill intention