Chapter 50

Yuu entered the room and stood rooted on the ground. Mika bumped into him and said, "Yuu, what happen-" Before he finished his sentence, he too, became a stone. Akane, who manages to sit up by now looked towards them. "Good morning." She greeted cheerfully. The boys rushed to her side and pull her into a hug. "I'm not dreaming, am I?" Yuu asked in disbelief. Akane chuckled. "No silly, I'm back."

"Yuu! Mika! We have to go!" The Shinoa squad rushes into Akane's room and shut the door. Once they entered, they looked at Akane who's siting on the bed in shock. "Akane..." Yoichi mumbled. Yuu' brows furrowed. "What do you mean?" Shinoa said, "the vampires and the moon demon company is assisting the witch hunters! They are fighting for the resurrection machine which the witch hunters have."

Everyone took a moment of shock before starting to absorb what was happening.

After a few months of recovery...

"They plan to guard the base from this gate. We'll send 100 soldiers here for distraction Yu and Mika should protect Akane and the girls." Shinoa commands. Yu nodded. "The vampires are also going to stay guard here?" Shinoa nodded. Akane said, "Yu and Mika should help the soldiers too. I'm a witch, I can defend myself and protect the girls." Shinoa comments, "don't be an idiot. They are witch hunters, their specialty is to hunt witches, if you are capable of surviving them, you wouldn't have hide here for so long." Yu voiced out, "Shinoa!" Mika patted Akane's head, "won't you feel better if the three of us stay together?" Akane knew she was being stubborn and nodded.

"Alright! We're done now. Dismiss." Shinoa commands. Akane sighed and stepped out of the meeting room with a heavy heart. Mika an Yu exchanged glances, "Akane. Are you still upset?" Akane turned to face them, "I thought I have become stronger. But it seems... I was wrong." Yu denied, "When I first came into the orphanage, other than Mika, you were the first to approach me. Isn't that courageous?" Mika add on, "she was also the one who influenced the children to talk to you." The boys grinned at her.

Something in her heart lit up. It felt warm. Their grins were infectious. "I'm so glad that the both of you are my childhood friends." Mika patted her head, "same here. Anyone miss Akane's curry?" Yu joined in, "Me!!" Akane smiled at the two boys who play around as they walked back to their shelter.

"Akane?" Yuri turned to face the vampire approaching her. She shifted back, "Akane is not here, but she'll be soon. You're strong for a little girl."

Yuri looked at him, "Akane is strong too. Mommy told me that someone who's gathering witches are brave and strong warriors, just like the great witch Hana!" Ferid looked at the girl, his eyes widened at the familiar name.