Chapter 30

"Shinoa..." Yoishi stretched her name. Shinoa glared at him, "Go back to your position, I did not ask you to leave." The rest of Shinoa squad eyed each other with anxiety. Shinoa raised her voice, "I said to go back to your positions, don't make me repeat!" Mitsuba sighed and stepped up, "Don't you want to help Yuu?" Shinoa flinched, she look away and replied, "Not if it means helping a witch." Her mumbling shows she was wavering. So she added on, "I wish they never existed just like how all of you wish for vampires to disappear." Everyone became quiet.

Kimizuki interrupted the silence, "We said we helped Mika because he is Yuu's family. So what's so different about Akane?" Shinoa stayed silent. Clenching her fist, "Fine. But she has a test to pass." They looked at each other, confusion filled them.

"Yuu! You're finally back!" Yoichi ran towards him. Yuu waved at him, "Hey, how's the convincing?" Yoichi panted, "It's about that! Shinoa said she'd only help Akane if she beat her in a battle." All of them looked at Akane, who eyes grew wide. She glanced at Mika who seemed shock at first, smiled and nodded. Then she glanced at Yuu who did the same thing. They know Akane can win, she is no longer a little girl who needs their protection, she is a protector herself.

Mika patted her head, "You've grown. You can win." Akane smiled at the fact that the kind Mika hasn't changed. Grabbing her staff, she asked, "When is the fight?" Yoichi took a breath to calm himself, "Right now." Akane nodded in acknowledgement and walked with Yoichi to the rooftop.

"You're finally here?" Shinoa announced with her back facing Akane. "How does this battle work?" Akane asked. Shinoa turned and said, "You'll only win if you can kill me." With that, she took out her demon weapon and raced towards Akane, Akane braced herself, she chanted, "eta la ember blast."

Flames directed towards Shinoa, she cuts through it but the smoke cause her to choke. She continue to dash straight, Akane shifts back as she tried to slash her but the second cut came too fast for her to react. She felt a sharp pain on her arm. "Eta la glacier blast." She continued. Ice shoots through her staff, coating the demon weapon with ice. Shinoa smirked. The weapon glows and the ice melts.

Akane raced around her with increasing speed. Shinoa was surrounded by a light wall. The light wall flashed its electricity towards her. Her body felt instant numbing and she dropped her weapon, falling on her knees. Akane stopped, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to hurt you." She remove her spell and the light wall was gone. Shinoa did not end there. Grabbing her weapon, she went straight for Akane.

Author's note: Hope you have enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I do in writing! See you soon!