Chapter 34- Curiosity

Justin's POV

I got back to the bus, not obtaining any clues of Rosalyn. This was starting to drive me crazy. I can't figure out whether I was worried or mad. But one thing I was for sure was altered. My body longed for a drug right now, something to take my mind away from Rosalyn's stupid actions. I got out of the car slamming the door shot in fury behind me. Just then Kenny and the other guard arrived. "Anything?" I asked looking at them. They both shook their heads no. "Go do another round. I'll keep calling her and see if she picks up" another plain lie coming from me, so this whole thing wouldn't seem suspicious to the guards. With that being said, I walked off to the tour bus and they backed out with the car taking off again. As soon as I got in, I looked at the clock showing 9:41 AM. Fuck! We were running late already! It was an 8 hours ride to Minneapolis, Minnesota and I have a fucking concert at 7 PM. I could feel my hands ball up into a fistful punch and without hesitating I brought it up, slamming it harshly onto the nearest wall beside me. I cannot fucking believe this!! I breathed deep out of frustration as I went to sit on the couch where I left Rosalyn sleeping last night. I looked around thinking of places where Rosalyn could have gone to and just then I felt my stomach make a crack noise, acknowledging me that I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning, but I didn't mind it. Right now the only thing I could focus on was finding Rosalyn and then everything else can follow.

Rosalyn's POV

We were now silently driving our way back to the highway where they found me last night. My heart palpitated fast as I looked outside the window to see anything that notifies me that we're near. I didn't want to go back to Justin, I didn't want to face his furious gaze when he sees me. He's going to kill me this time for real. "Justin is in great hands" I heard Selena say out of the blue as she looked at me, catching my attention. "Excuse me?" I asked confused at what she just said. I looked towards her and she just smiled looking at me. "You're a great girl" she said now bringing her gaze back to her window. What?! What does she even mean with that? I looked at her confused in silent as I didn't understand. But it bothered me to know and not only what she meant but much more. I wanted to know more about Justin through Selena, I wanted to find some reasoning to the person he now is and beyond that I wanted to know what happened to them. I had so many questions held to myself that I could have never dared to ask Justin and so many things I wanted to say to Selena. And I just had this moment; I wasn't going to see her again. The fact that I'm sitting here with her was already a miraculus coincidence. And Coincidences like this do not happen often, so this might be my only chance with her.

"Why did you leave him?" I felt the question slip out of my mouth out of a sudden. I could see that the question took her by surprise as she lowered her gaze to the ground and was silent for a bit. "If it's.... not too personal of a question" I quickly added. Selena looked at me half smiling and sighed before she sought for the words to speak. "People ask that a lot, and the answer is just very simple Justin was undoubtedly an amazing guy but he just wasn't for me" She explained looking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "How come?" The question came out on itself causing Selena to look up at me frowning by my sudden interest. "Did he.... cheat on you?" I added quickly wanting to redress the first question. "No, he didn't we were great it was just circumstances that brought us apart" she answered confirming me before she went back onto looking out of the window. "What happened?" I asked softly. "A lot happened" She said looking into the distance now. I stayed quiet for a bit looking at her before I spoke. "You can tell me" I assure her.

She looked at me as she formed a light smile on her face."It really doesn't matter now" she said nodding her head no. "No, please I want to know, Not to tell anyone just to understand" I persisted trying to convince her. She sighed, looking down to her lap before started speaking ."It wasn't cheating or lack of love, it was life and the paths he took" she spoke coming to a pause but she didn't look at me. I stayed quiet and just looked at her as I imagined that there was way more to come than only her last sentence."He wasn't.... considering me... or anybody else in his actions anymore. He hung out with bad friends and soon enough started to get caught up in bad influences; it was like I wasn't there to him..." She paused again but did not take her gaze from in front of her. I could see her lightly shaking her head no while a quiet sigh escaped her breathing before she looked up at me.