Chapter 35- Extraneous Silence

Rosalyn's POV

I sat alone in the bus now staring at the black tv screen as the screams of thousands fans were the only thing audible in the tour bus. I listened to it quietly as I didn’t know whether I should cherish it or feel annoyed but it was definitely the only humanly sound I had heard for this entire day, Since I lastly talked to Selena. The ride to wherever we were now was the quietest one I could have ever experienced. Justin had isolated himself in the room for the whole ride leaving me in an unexplainable muddle of thoughts. For a good couple of hours I sat in fear and apprehension of him coming out and snap at me or punish me for having gone out without permission but all I got was silence. An extreme strange silence that was eating me up minute by minute until now. I sighed fluttering my eyes slowly as my jaws forced a yawn. They were heavy and stingy but I fought to keep them awake.  I didn’t want to sleep right now, I couldn’t. Sleeping was the last thing on my long list of worries.

I had no clue of what’s going on in Justin’s mind right now, and that is something I should worry about. The Justin I know would have given me a series of punches by now and my head would have probably been smashed against the wall countless of times but instead I am here sitting into the emptiness of the bus alone. Maybe this is a trick or some kind of plan? Was he planning something to do to me later? Because I really don’t understand. I really don’t.  I breathed out heavily embracing my feet to my chest as I dart my gaze around the bus now. It was neat, everything was in place, there were so many things in it but still it felt like a prison to me. My own customized prison where I was sentenced to have no peace at all and constantly be at fear of what Justin might do to me. This was indeed no life. I shook my head trying to shake away the awful feeling that threatened my chest now and suddenly I could hear the screams again. I wouldn’t know for how long I was sitting here but it was long enough that the screams just seem to have faded for a while and adjusted to my ears.

I looked over at the clock onto the kitchen counter for the thousand time today and it’s been exactly two hours since Justin had obliviously walked out of the bus without directing a word to me. It was dark outside now and this time I knew better than going out of the tour bus. There was no way I was getting myself into more trouble. Yesterday was enough of a lesson. My jaws forced a yawn again, this time bringing me in defeat as I motioned my lumpy body to lay down on the couch. But my wish couldn’t be granted as the tour bus door barged open making me slightly jump out of my trance. My head immediately popped in its direction and my eyes gazed widely at the open door. "Just rest okay honey" I could hear Patties loving little voice coming from the door before a tired looking Justin stepped into the bus. He was looking down, covered in sweat and his skin color was pale. Pattie was right behind him as they both got in and looked at me. I looked up at Justin and for a good two seconds his eyes met mine. They were drained and I swear he looked weak. But I couldn’t see any more as he immediately hung his head down low and walked off to the room without saying anything.

As soon as he disappeared into the room Pattie’s concerned look encountered mine and I could tell Pattie noticed Justin’s strange behavior already. “Hey honey” Pattie tiredly breathed, walking up to me and greet me with a warm hug whom I gladly returned. "What's wrong?" the question automatically slipped out of my tongue making me instantly regret it!! Why in the world did I ask that? I did not want to touch that topic! Pattie didn’t know the answer. If there’s anyone that would know what’s wrong; it’s me and I’m not even sure. Ugh I should have just played dumb but it was already too late and it wouldn’t have been the nicest thing to do. "Justin is just not feeling well, it must be something he ate or drank that was out of the ordinary but I don’t know, could you have noticed anything?" Pattie asked looking at me concerned. I could feel a lump forming in my throat at Pattie’s question and I gulped quickly. "No I haven’t" I said quickly, looking away knowing that I was obviously lying to Pattie, and I didn't like it.