Theo Crain: The House [2]

Your heart beat to the sound of the bass, your eyes fixated on the woman in front of you. Memories of your childhood flooding back, the images of her family pushing their way to the front of your mind. Your body froze in fear, allowing the drunk to use you as a dodgeball. Her eyes were trained on you, she was sizing you up. She recognised your eyes but your body was new to her. She made her way over to you and leaned in close to your ear.

"Let's leave this place, shall we?" Theo held out her hand and waited for your response. You nervously nodded your head, taking her hand, noticing the gloves she was wearing. You understood why she was wearing those in a place like this. You were thankful that she couldn't see your pain or else she would know who you are. You reached a bench, just outside the club. Theo was the first to sit, gently tapping the space next to her.

"Come sit" she offered, you mindlessly accepted. "You didn't look comfortable in there, you're not a club person, are you?" she gracefully leaned back on the bench

"Is it that obvious?" you rubbed the back of your neck, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"Just a little" she let out a small chuckle. You had missed her smile, it was as bright as you remembered it. This action brought a smile to your face, you had missed her more than anything.

"I don't know what it is but you remind me of someone, I just can't figure out who" her eyes scanned you once more, you hands began to shake at the thought of her figuring out. You bit the bullet and hoped for the best.

"When I was younger, I used to live next to you" her eyes narrowed as she flipped though all the places she used to live, trying to fit you into her timeline. Looking away from her, you continued your confession. "It's Y/N" at the mention of your name, Theo's eyes went wide. Her emotions building up, a mixture of anger, sadness and confusion. She clenched her fists and pushed herself off the chair. She started her journey to the nearest taxi.

"Wait!" you called out, chasing after her. After all this time, you couldn't lose her again. You reached out for her arm, she shrugged you off, keeping her pace. "Please" you pleaded, your voice broke, tears ready to fall at any moment. She quickly turned around, stepping towards you.

"Why should I wait for you? You left me in that house!" she screamed over the nightlife that surrounded you. "You left my family to die in that house, you lead me to believe that you had died in that house!" the alcohol was wearing off, her anger burning the liquid in her veins. She took another step closer, her tall stature leaning over you. "You never came back, not once. You left me to pick up the pieces of my broken family. You were the only one I could talk to, you were the only one who believed what I went through". Her voice was much softer as the tears began to fall, her whole body shook with rage and despair. No amount of words could fix what you had broken but the truth may help to comfort the wounded.

"Here's my address, meet me there tomorrow and I will tell you everything. There's so much I want to tell you, that house messed with more than one family that night" You handed her a card, your address messily scribbled on the back. You cautiously wiped away her tears, it was the only comfort you could provide in the moment. You slipped the card into her pocket, knowing she wouldn't willingly take it from you. You gave her one last look before heading into an unknown direction. That was all both of you could handle that night, tomorrow was a new day to relive old nightmares.