#1, part two

March 11th, 2012, Chanhassen, Minnesota.

Emmeline looked in the mirror and sighed. She hated that she could not dress as she wished. Not here at Paisley, anyway.

Em was dressed in black jeans and a black T-shirt. If she had a choice, she would dress herself in something more fashionable. Jeans and a T-shirt were not bad, but she wanted to feel attractive. That was supposed to be - all thanks to Rachel.

Emmeline tied her hair in a tall pony and looked in the mirror for the last time. May be. Then she put the bag on shoulder and left the room.

When she came to the small kitchen, chef Charles welcomed her.

— Hello, beautiful — He said, frying pancakes. — What kind of syrup do you want?

— Maple please — Em put the bag on the floor and sat at the table. — Is the grandfather still in the studio?

— Yes — said Charles. — The pancakes are ready, so he will probably come in a moment.

Like a ghost — Emmeline muttered, rubbing her eyes. She was finished. And not because of her teaching to the test in physics, but from reading the Bible. Prince tormented her for a good two hours.

— Did you sleep badly? — Asked Charles with compassion when he laid a plate of pancakes in front of her

— Something like that — Em said. — Thank you.

— That's the student's life — Emmeline and Charles heard a deep, male voice behind them. The girl did not turn around, she just looked at pancakes.

There was the distinctive sound of Prince's heels on the floor.

— Hi, Emi — He greeted granddaughter and kissed her on the head. — How do you feel?

— Very good — The girl smiled broadly so as not to give him satisfaction. Prince knew that he had tired her yesterday.

Prince smiled at Em and raised an eyebrow. He was not fooled - the shadows under Emmeline's eyelids betrayed her fatigue.