#15, part two

Emmeline was practicing the new choreography with Trish when the door opened and she saw Grace. The receptionist waved to Emmeline; the girl stopped dancing and went to the stereo to turn off the music. Emmeline felt sweaty but ignored it. She came to Grace and asked:

— Hello, sweetheart. How can I help you?

— Emi, there is a case — Grace frowned, she was upset. — We have unexpected guests.

Guests? — Emmeline raised an eyebrow. — Whom? Is this Manni with the family?

Emmeline has had very sporadic contact with Manni since the unlucky incident at Manuela's house. At that time Manni was in her first pregnancy. Now she was the mother of two daughters.

—It's not Manuela — Grace replied. —Only Mayte and her daughter.

—Mayte Garcia?— Emmeline was shocked. She never met with Mayte, but she knew that the woman still realizes herself as a dancer and has her own foundation. And that Mayte has an adopted daughter Gia.

—Mrs. Garcia would like to see Prince — Grace explained. —Should I let her and her daughter in?

Yes — Emmeline said lively. —I'll greet them. Wait a second.

Emmeline ran to the place where she put the towel and water. Emmeline wiped sweat from her forehead and took a sip.

— Trish, it's over today!— Emmeline shouted to her co-worker and Trish nodded. Then Emmeline joined Grace and they both left.

***

A beautiful middle-aged woman sat on the ground floor, on the sofa

A beautiful middle-aged woman sat on the ground floor, on the sofa. She was dressed elegantly, next to her sat a beautiful little girl. Mayte looked at Emmeline and Grace coming toward her.

—Mom, who is this lady?— The little girl pointed her finger at Emmeline. — Where are we?

— You are in Paisley Park, honey.— Emmeline replied sweetly and leaned toward Gia. — I'm Em, and you?