#14

April 25th, 2016

April 25th, 2016.

Emmeline came to Paisley to take a shower and change her clothes. Now Tyka was watching over Prince.

Yesterday Cody arrived in Chanhassen and immediately went to the hospital. He saw his girlfriend and Prince's family.

The Artist was still unconscious, but he had good medical care. Emmeline felt better knowing that Jolene Carradine was working in this hospital. She was often with Prince.

Emmeline entered Paisley and the first thing that struck her was the grave silence. Her cousin President Nelson accompanied her.

— Can you turn on the album "Emancipation"? — Emmeline asked and turned to President. — Majesty and Divinity will start cooing immediately. They must hear his voice.

—No problem — Presi said and nodded. —He will recover, you must have faith.

—I have — Emmeline admitted exhausted. —But ... four years ago he volunteered to rehab. Especially for me. Hasn't this story taught him something? Why the fuck did he return to these drugs? She went to the first sofa and sat down on it. She buried her face in her hands and cried.

— Em — President came up to her and sat down next to her. — We cared for him. But you know what Prince is like.

—Too well — Emmline withdrew her hands. —Does he have to be so complicated? How the fuck could he take that risk? Is his drugs more important than his life and family?

He is sick — Presi rubbed his cousin's back. — When a human is addicted, unfortunately the addiction is stronger and destroys everything. I know something about it. You remember the story with my mother.

Emmeline nodded. Many years ago, Tyka was at the bottom, and if Prince had not helped her, she might be dead.

—Prince loves to help others — Emmeline began. —But he doesn't want help. Fool! I'll get that fucking doctor!

— Schulenberg? — Presi asked. — Maybe let the police take care of it.

—They'll get that asshole anyway — Emmeline stood up, frowning. — But I'll be the first to kick his ass. I'm going to take a shower.

The President nodded and looked at her as she moved away. He knew Emmeline wasn't kidding.

***

The same day, 5pm, Chanhassen, MN. The private office of Dr. Michael Schulenberg.

Emmeline stopped her SUV in front of an elegant building. She looked at it and frowned.

This motherfucker does not know that I will visit him. Your days are numbered, Mikey.

Emmeline parked and turned off the engine. She wrapped the scarf more tightly and opened the door. The snow was falling heavily; it was cold and unpleasant.