#15, part one

A month later

A month later.

Prince regained strength enough to function. But the road to recovery was long. Doctors who took care of him after an overdose stated that their famous patient is highly addicted and if he wants to survive the next year, he must give up so many medications. Due to hip pain, doctors optionally prescribed one drug and nothing more. In addition, Prince was banned from touring for the next year - he was also supposed to learn to rest and eat well.

Emmeline decided to officially look after him with the support of her family.

— His addiction is a serious problem — said a middle-aged doctor, a plump blonde. — At this stage, we will gradually go out of medicine. This may take some time.

— I'm ready for it — Emmeline replied firmly. — My grandfather too.

—It's a miracle that Mr. Nelson is alive at all.— The doctor folded her hands and sighed. — A good angel was watching over him.

—It's quite possible — Emmeline smiled and thought about her mother. Was Cherica that angel?

***

Unfortunately, the sheriff's office did not intend to give up finding out where Prince had obtained fentanyl. When Prince felt better, the police pressed for questioning him, but Emmeline did not want to put Prince under stress. She refused every time.

—Honey, that doesn't make sense — Prince said as she stood in the living room and put the mobile phone down on the table. Jolene, Cody's mother, was now a nurse at The Artist, which she was very pleased with. Prince was currently in a wheelchair and Jolene brought him to his granddaughter. — They won't give up so easily.

— Cops always choose the wrong moment — Emmeline frowned. — And you can't get upset and ...

—I'm glad you care so much about me — Prince smiled broadly. He was wearing a black satin robe and had a blanket on his lap. — But as you can see, I can talk. I'll meet the sheriff.

— No — Emmeline did not want to give in. — I disagree and ...

— Emi — Jolene looked gently at the girl. — Your sacrifice is beautiful, but since Prince thinks that he is able to meet the police, then you should be calm. Your resistance provides additional stress for him.

—Jol is right.— Prince touched Jolene's hand on his shoulder. — Stop being stubborn like a child and let me handle my case.

It's not yours since it happened — Emmeline said firmly. —Well, I'll let you meet the police, but if they cross the border of taste, I'll throw them out with a bang.

Prince laughed out loud. Emmeline frowned, seeing nothing funny.

—I believe you, honey — Prince said, amused. — I know you can do anything for me.