#8, part one

Emmeline sat on the sofa, downstairs at Paisley Park, and stared at the front door. Prince was about to come back from the tour and the girl could not wait to meet him. Tyka sat beside her and put hand on Emmeline's shoulder.

— Emi — Tyka said warmly. — He can come back in a few hours. Maybe you and I will watch a movie?

— No — Emmeline's answer was determined. The girl's brows were furrowed. Tyka sighed and withdrew her hand.

When Emmeline returned to Paisley, Tyka did not recognize the girl. Emmeline was hysterical and crying. Tyka had to calm her down for a long time and when she did, she asked Emmeline what had happened.

—Manni — Emmeline said. —She does not want me.

— What are you saying — Tyka frowned. — Child ...

Exactly. — Emmeline raised her hands. — I'm talking about that. About the child.

Tyka raised an eyebrow, to which Emmeline said:

— She's pregnant, auntie.

Tyka covered her mouth with her hand and then Emmeline interjected:

— I am not jealous of this unborn child. You only see ... Manuela is so tender for India. Just like she used to be for me. Besides, Eric is an asshole. He and Jay Z insulted my grandfather!

— Do not pay attention to that — Tyka said.— Eric Benet is jealous of Prince's career. Eric will never be like him.

— Manuela said I'm exaggerating — Emmeline burst into tears. — She was on Eric's side! She had somewhere that Benet was saying nasty things about my grandfather.

— Emi — Tyka sighed and hugged the girl. — I know you love Manni, but you see ... people are changing.

— I have a question — Emmeline took a deep breath. — Is it true that grandpa limited Manuela? Did he control her?

Tyka pursed her lips. Then Emmeline knew.

—Was he doing it in a sick way?— Emmeline asked.

— My brother likes controlling — Tyka explained. — But he gave his wives and girlfriends freedom. He respected them. Manuela's case is different.