#9, part one

One week later

One week later.

Emmeline talked a lot with Cody for a few days. Cody talked about himself - his parents were divorced, and his mother worked as a nurse in a hospital in Chanhassen.

Emmeline introduced herself as an only child who lived with her father. She said her mother was dead, which was true.

When it came to Manuela, Emmeline informed Prince that she did not want to have contact with Manni. Prince took her position with a serious expression on his face. Then he suggested that Emmeline reflect again on her decision.

But Emmeline must have been tough. Manuela had somewhere that their contacts were rare. Emmeline was a teenager and at some point she needed Manuela. And then Manni was absent.

When Emmeline entered school, she saw Rachel leaning against the wall. Rachel was serious.

— What happened?— Emmeline asked and stopped. Rachel sighed and explained:

— Your object of desire has learned that you have not been honest with him from the beginning.

Emmeline felt as if someone had punched her in the stomach.

—How do you know about it?— Emmeline asked in a trembling voice.

—Jade Sparks has a long tongue — Rachel murmured. —Trish heard Jade tell Cody that you're the famous Prince's kid.

— Jade is a bitch — Emmeline hissed and clenched her hand in a fist

— Jade is a bitch — Emmeline hissed and clenched her hand in a fist.— Rach, wait a minute. I need to find Cody.

Rachel nodded, and Emmeline ran to the only place where she could find Cody.

***

Emmeline stood in front of the door from the old art class and put her ear to it. She could hear Cody playing a live piece on the guitar. The girl sighed and opened the door.

Cody looked at her surprised, but then the wrinkle on his forehead deepened. He kept playing and did not look at Emmeline. The girl came in and closed the door quietly. She leaned against the door and waited for Cody to speak.