#11, part six

Sunday, Chanhassen Library, MN

Cliff, Danielle's boyfriend stopped his Ford Mondeo in front of the public library and said:

— We're here, sweet ladies.

—Emi is special — Dani said and smiled at her cousin. —But I'm your sweet goddess.

—Sure thing — Cliff chuckled and kissed Dani on the lips. —Will you be here in half an hour?

— More or less — Dani muttered. — My uncle can't find out anything.

— Secret conspiracy — Cliff whistled and looked at Emmeline from the rearview mirror. —Emi, my condolences. Mr. Prince is a failure as a parent.

— I'm used to it — Emmeline rolled her eyes. —Dani?

— My most beautiful — Dani smiled sweetly at Cliff. — You come for us in half an hour. If I want you sooner, I'll call you.

—No problem — Cliff saluted, and then Danielle opened the door. She picked up a large black sack and got out. Emmeline did the same. Cliff waved and drove away with a squeal of tires.

—Does he always ride like crazy?— Emmeline asked and frowned, which Dani sighed.

— Mostly. When he travels with me or his family, he travels carefully.

—It's hard to believe — Emmeline murmured, and then Dani patted her on the shoulder.

—Emi, we have to change — Dani said and gestured at the sack. —Even for fifteen minutes.

Emmeline nodded and walked with her cousin toward the nearest dead end.

***

At the same time, Paisley Park

Prince narrowed his eyes at his reflection in the mirror. He felt strange in long hair, he hadn't worn it since 2000.

So since Cherica and Emi appeared in my life.

Prince sighed and stuck a fake beard on himself. No one could recognize him now. His wig had straight black hair to his waist, the beard was the same color. Prince was wearing black turtleneck and black high-waisted pants.