#9, part two

— Where did you get it from? — Emmeline asked in a trembling voice, flipping the paper away with her foot

— Where did you get it from? — Emmeline asked in a trembling voice, flipping the paper away with her foot. — Why did you show it to me?

— Did not Prince tell you about it?— Jade smiled viciously. —Not every mother goes to the cover of "Enquirer". Prince was on the covers of "Rolling Stone", "Ebony", "Time". And your mother, known only from the fact that she was the illegitimate daughter of Prince, got the cover of the gossip magazine. And when she was a corpse.

— You bitch! — Emmeline jumped up from the floor and threw it on Jade. — You pig! You fuck off my mom!

Emmeline slapped Jade. Then Emmeline began to beat Jade, who hit her in the stomach. Emmeline screamed and hit Jade in the face with her fist.

Then the door from one of the classes opened and someone ran up to Jade and Emmeline. Jesse Cruz, the math teacher, grabbed Emmeline by the arm and said harshly:

— Nelson, calm down!

Jade held her cheek and then looked at the floor. She grabbed the paper and quickly put it in her bag.

— Give it back!— Emmeline shouted and wanted to take the paper when Mr. Cruz jerked Emmeline's arm.

—What happened here?— The teacher asked and looked at Emmeline and Jade. — Explain it to me!

Jade looked at Emmeline and said:

— She attacked me.

—You know what you did — Emmeline hissed, and then Mr. Cruz growled:

— So a fight. Sparks, Nelson, you'll go to the headmistress with me.

Jade clenched her teeth, as did Emmeline. Mr. Cruz grabbed Jade by the arm and led both girls to the headmistress's office.

***