# 4, part one

March 13th, 2012, Chanhassen, Minnesota.

Damn it — Rachel murmured, and let out a cigarette smoke. — You do not have a telephone and a laptop for Lauren's dumb idea. Congratulations on stupidity, Em.

And you against me? — Emmeline asked with a grudge and crossed her arms.

— Not me — Rachel said and rolled her eyes. — The entire American nation is against you. I will always be on your side, but... — She sighed.— Why did you agree to Lauren's idea? Are you crazy? You know that Lauren is a mean bitch who hates you!

— I did not want to agree, but ... — Emmeline began, but Rachel interrupted her:

— But you agreed. And that's why you're in trouble.

Rachel threw cigarette to the ground and crushed it with shoe.

— I did not want to walk around the houses of rich assholes with this fucking mission — Emmeline hissed. — I'm fed up with the religious fanaticism of my grandfather and Larry! No one forces you to interpret the Bible every day. You do not have to participate in idiotic religious meetings!

— I know — Rachel sighed and put her hand on Emmeline's shoulder. — I feel for you, but I did not think you would be Lauren's partner.

I was part of her plan, I admit — Said Emmeline and clenched hands in fists. — I did not want to drink vodka, but it happened so quickly. Then came her grandmother, Larry and Prince.

— Prince can forbid you to do makeup and dress you fashionably — Rachel whispered. — Did not you think about it? You were on a trial period.

— He took my mobile phone and laptop — Emmeline said quietly. — I do not think he's so vindictive.

— You know him best — Rachel shrugged. — Let's go back to class.

Emmeline nodded and went with Rachel toward the school. When the girls came in, Emmeline heard someone call her by name. Emmeline turned and saw Lauren sitting on the windowsill.

— Does she feel sympathy for you?— Rachel asked, raising her eyebrow. — If so, I will make her detach yourself from you.

— Easy — Emmeline said. — Wait here. I'll see what she wants from me.

Rachel did not answer. Emmeline went over to Lauren, who smiled when she saw her.

— I was relieved when I saw you live — Lauren said and waved her legs. — You did not answer to my SMS.

— Thank you for being interested in my situation — Emmeline replied coldly. — But I do not want that you to seek contact with me.

— As you like — Lauren murmured and shrugged. — I wanted to thank you.