11

When morning came the next day at school, Cheryl acted as if nothing had happened last night. Which really wasn't a surprise to Toni, because she's actually starting to believe that Cheryl might be having a multiple personality disorder, given the change of moods every fucking moment.

They still had to spend their free period preparing for the annual dance, which made it more difficult for Toni to not talk about last night. She tried to do her own thing as best as she could but Weatherbee kept making them do stuff together, if that makes any sense.

Sweet Pea came over to the two of them, asking for a wall stapler.

' Where were you last night?' He said after.

' Got tired, went home.' Toni half-lied.

' Okay, well, FP called us for a Serpent Meeting tonight, so don't wander off today.'

' Yeah, sure.' Toni said.

Sweet Pea hastily turned almost at the same time Cheryl came over, making the both of them bump into each other, and of course, him being bigger stayed where he was.

Cheryl, on the other hand, has lost her balance.

Sweet Pea quickly grabbed her, maybe a little too hard because she let out a cry.

Several heads in the gym turned to their direction, including Reggie.

' Sorry, i didn't see you there.' Sweet Pea apologised.

Cheryl freed her arm away from his grip.

' Hands off me, pervert.' She said, with disgust.

' Is everything alright there Cheryl?' Reggie asked, placing himself between Cheryl and Sweet Pea.

Toni knew Sweet Pea was tall, but she didn't know he was that tall until he came face to face with the other boy.

' Yeah, your girl was about to eat the floor, so I grabbed her.'

' Well, it doesn't look like that, Serpent.' Reggie said, with the same disgust in his voice.

' Don't bother, Reggie. We shouldn't mingle with their kind.' Cheryl rolled her eyes.

Yes, Toni confirmed. Cheryl definitely has a disorder. A bitch disorder.

' Say that again, I dare you.' A voice came from behind Toni. It was Jughead.

' This isn't your business, Jones, go back to being sad elsewhere.' Reggie said.

' I will if you leave them alone.'

' Your boy grabbed Cheryl first.'

' Yeah because she was about to fall, you jerk.' Toni spoke in.

Reggie gave a cocky grin and shifted his gaze to her.

' What's that, Topaz? Can't hear you with the negative energies from your gang of rejects clouding up my hearing. Filthy serpents.'

What happened to Cheryl making people being nice to the Serpents?

She didn't care. Because her mind was too busy trying to control herself from not punching him in the face.

' Leave them alone, Reggie.' Archie, out of nowhere, patted Reggie's shoulder.

They all started to walk away, when Sweet Pea shouted.

' Yeah, walk away, cowards. All you know is how to insult people. Bark and no bite, you sure are dogs.'

Normally, Sweet Pea would've physically done something by now but FP had told them off unless they wanted to live the rest of their lives uneducated. And Sweet Pea actually wants to graduate.

That day wasn't today.

Everything had happened so fast Toni didn't know what had came first.

Reggie's fist swung towards Sweet Pea, but Toni had tackled him to the ground.

Sweet Pea also tried to punch Reggie, but his fist hit Archie instead.

Jughead helped Toni pin Reggie to the ground as he pushed her off him and head butted Jughead.

Toni grabbed Reggie by his shirt and gave him her fist.

Archie and Sweet Pea were now on the ground, unprofessionally punching each other.

Toni, Reggie and Jughead were messily wrestling on the ground.

Other people in the gym came over to witness and after a while, chanted them to fight.

Toni, between the two boys, could hear Cheryl telling them to stop, who was later joined by Veronica Lodge and the rest of the Vixens.

Almost everyone in the gym had crowed around them, some shouting, some cheering.

It was as if they've got nothing better to do, because no one was stopping them.

Archie was now on her, and she knew for a fact that Archie doesn't like to hit girls because he wasn't doing anything at all except pinning her to the ground.

Compared to the boy's strength, she was nothing, no matter how hard she tried to kick her legs out.

Next thing she knew, Chuck Clayton and the other bulldogs had grabbed Archie away from her.

The students in the gym booed as Reggie and Sweet Pea got separated by Moose Mason.

Jughead was harshly pulled by Coach Clayton, whose whistle screamed in the air, Toni had to put her hands on her ear.

' All of you, to the Principal's Office.' He shouted angrily as he gave out another deafening whistle.