37

Thank you, for the 8k reads, even though I kept breaking promises I couldn't keep.

^

Halfway through the way, Toni realised that they were, in fact, heading for the hospital, so she decided to go to Cheryl's house instead.

She was going to go there anyways, only it was earlier than she had expected.

Parking her motorcycle some distance away from the mansion, which always seems to be a habit of her and Cheryl's whenever they visited each others place, she walked the remaining distance over to Thornhill.

Ringing the doorbell's definitely a bad idea, Toni thought.

She sneaked her way in instead, and when she reached to the back of the house, she stared at the window which led to Cheryl's room

It was late into the night and it was so dark she couldn't see anything but the faint lights inside the house, and every moment she made seemed to be louder than usual.

From the window, she could see that the lights were off, so Cheryl could be asleep.

But what if she wasn't and didn't make home instead? A small voice in Toni's head argued.

Should she text her? Toni suddenly remembered the car crash and thought what if she didn't had her phone with her.

A text wouldn't hurt though.

Or should she just go straight for the classic 'throwing rocks on your window'?.

That would be stupid.

Suddenly, she heard movement from behind her, that she was sure wasn't from her, and turned just in time to see the shadow of an arrow whizz past her, embedding itself into the wall behind her.

Her eyes widened and her heart jumped.

From where she was now crouching down, she could easily get shot at, if the shooter actually gave it another try.

Then she saw a figure appear from a nearby bush, dressed in a red hooded coat.

She'd recognised that red hair any day.

' Cheryl, what the hell? ' She said softly, but in shock.

' Toni?' Cheryl walked over to her.

' Why do you have an arrow for?'

' Did I hurt you?' Cheryl dropped her bow and started to feel Toni's body around for any injuries she may have caused.

' No, no. I'm fine.'

' I thought you were an intruder.' Cheryl said, letting out a breath of relief.

' So you tried to shoot them with an arrow?'

' I wasn't aiming to hurt them, just to scare them off a little.'

You scared me plenty. She thought but didn't say.

' I'm glad you got home safe.'

' Someone from school gave me a ride home.'

Toni felt Cheryl staring at her through the pale moonlight. All she wanted to do was grab her beautiful face to kiss her and forget about everything else.

' Toni, you shouldn't be here.' Cheryl said, bringing her out of her thoughts.

' I know, I'm here to explain everything, or at least what I know about it.'

' No, I mean, It's not safe for you.'

Toni looked around because she had nothing to say to that.