walls • ray/emma

emipollen

[Attack on titan AU]

❝If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win!❞
-Eren Yaeger (Attack On Titan)

On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the titans, and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.

In this world where people die every day, it's hard not to go insane. The titans have been around even before we were born. For a decade, we were peacefully living within the walls. But when the Colossus Titan came, and when it kicked a hole in the wall, the chaos slipped in like a nightmare.

By the year 847, we enlisted to join in the Training Corps. We ended up being the top 3 cadets in training. But due to Norman's abnormally genius brain, he was recommended to the Military Police Brigade instead. Actually, he was transferred. After that, it was just me and Emma together, fighting with the Survey Corps.

Now that we're 15, we were ready to be deployed. We trained hard, and we are ready to face death. I only pray that Emma continues to live no matter what.

"Good morning, Ray!"

"Morning, Emma. Are you ready to go out there?"

"I should be asking you the same."

Emma has her strength and determination. I have my brilliance and her alongside me. Together we'll make it.

"We won't make it, Emma!"

"Yes we will! We have to save them!"

For the first time in five years, the titans came to attack once more. This time, Trost was under attack. So while my fellow cadets were out there running and screaming towards their own death, I made sure to keep Emma alive.

"You're as stubborn as a rock. Just give up already!"

"No! That's not why I joined the Survey Corps!"

"It's called 'Corps' with or without the 'e' and that's saying something."

I couldn't think properly. Everything was happening too quick. I was too focused on dragging Emma away from the danger. I was selfish.

"Emma, please. We need to hide. I already lost Norman, so I can't lose you too."

I look at her with pleading eyes, not letting go of her wrist. She smiles at me softly.

"Alright...let's retreat for now."

After the fight, we all gathered around the large fire pit. We watched with dull eyes as our friends' bones and remains melted to ashes in the fire. Emma leans her head against my shoulder, swallowing back her tears.

"Don't worry, Emma. I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Ray."

the end.

No part 2, sorry