shushed • oliver

Nobody knew how she got here. She never spoke, she never tried to make any sort of contact with us.
Whenever the hunt was on, she would disappear, but later come back decorated in bruises and fatal scars.
I wanted to talk to her, but she would evade me either way. After the hunt was over, she would clean herself and leave right after.
On some days, I would find her training in the forest, sweat and grace flying off of her.
I came to like her.

This girl was always covered from neck down to her feet. I can't see her farm identifier at all, and I noticed that she hides her neck no matter what. It just made me more and more curious.

The music began to play, another game of death chased us throughout Goldy Pond.
As I went to hide in one of the houses, I magically bumped into her for the first time. The first thing she did was shush me. Then she smeared my face with some kind of muddy cream with no color. And then she shushed me again. Her eyes point to the window, I see Luevis menacingly walking by. After he was completely gone, the girl was also on her way to leave.

"Hey, wait!" I managed to grab her wrist.
She looked back at me. There was a 10-second window when I got to see her eyes better, but then she pulled away from my grip and ran off. The music had stopped outside, but the beat of my heart kept playing.

»» ----- ----- ««

After that, I went to Lucas for some advice. He really doesn't know what to say except for, "Just be honest."
How am I supposed to tell her how I feel if I can't even be honest with myself? And even in the middle of a crisis, my heart found the time to love. It's ridiculous.

"And then she did what?"

"Well, she put something on my face. Then she shushed me twice."

"Hah! Nice girlfriend you got there."

"She's not my girlfriend, Gillian..."

When I went and asked my family for help, they made fun of me a first but then gave me the same advice. Be honest. That shouldn't be so hard.

Much later on, I found her again. I went to grab her wrist once more. As soon as she turned around, she painted a subtle scowl on her face.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing?"
I froze up, the sound of her voice echoing. But I kept my hold. This time, I didn't let her go. I won't let her. I'll be honest this time.
"I'm Oliver. I just wanted to say-"

Before I got another word out, the music played again. My time was cut short. The girl dragged me to the forest, for there was barely any time to find a house to hide in.
We climbed and hid within one of the trees. Bayon passes by. My breath was ragged, getting out of control. He might find us hid-

"Oliver."

The girl whose name is unknown places a hand on top of mine. Next thing I knew, she shushed my racing mind. But then, her sweet soft lips made my heart go crazy loud. I kissed her back, although she barely knew me. She took my breath away.
The time came and gone, the music stopped.
Instead of running away, she kissed me again. And just like that, she stole my first two kisses.

"I'm Y/n."

the end.